Nintendo released some new information this morning about Metroid Dread along with a brand new trailer showing off a bit more of the game. The company released a brand new report going over some of Samus' new abilities within the game, as you're going to be doing a LOT more than blasting and rolling around for this return to the classic gameplay mode. The dev team also reveals some of the new characters standing in her path as we get a glimpse at the remains of the Chozo civilization as well as many of the creatures that she'll encounter both on the planet and in space. As you might suspect, nothing is as it seems. You can enjoy the trailer below as we have a list of the new moves from the team. Metroid Dread is set to be released on October 8th for Nintendo Switch.
- Flash Shift: This all-new Aeion Ability lets Samus travel a set distance – forward or backward, while on the ground or in the air – in an instant.
- Pulse Radar: This handy Aeion Ability allows Samus to scan her immediate surroundings and pinpoint breakable blocks.
- Grapple Beam: A rope-like beam that can connect to specific points, the Grapple Beam allows Samus to swing across gaps or manipulate parts of her environment, such as pulling an object.
- Ice Missile: By using this cool upgrade, Samus can freeze enemies to easily destroy them or even use some of them as platforms!
- Storm Missile: With the Storm Missiles, Samus can lock on to and fire multiple small missiles in succession.
- Cross Bomb: This powerful bomb explodes in four directions.
- Speed Booster: This ability allows her to run at great speed, dealing damage to enemies and smashing through certain walls.
- Shinespark: True Metroid experts know all about this electrifying move, which can be activated to have Samus fly in a set direction while in her Speed Booster state.
- Screw Attack: A classic move that has been in every single 2D Metroid game, the Screw Attack finds Samus damaging enemies and shattering certain obstacles during a spin jump.