For fans who thought Power Rangers: Battle For The Grid might be a little light on content, good news for you! A new free update just added a bunch of new content. First and foremost, you're getting a new Story Mode that will actually talk about who these characters are that some of you may not recognize, including the return of Zordon and Rita Replusa to the story. You're also getting new voiceovers from the original cast including Jason David Frank (Tommy Oliver), Austin St. John (Jason Lee Scott), David J. Fielding (Zordon), Kerrigan Mahan (Goldar) and Meghan "Strawburry17" Camarena (Kimberly). There's also new arenas, characters, and extra additions we have for you below, along with a trailer to promote it all!
Three new characters enter the world of Battle for the Grid:
● Dragon Armor Trini: When the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers were viciously attacked by the Black Dragon, a powerful Zord from another dimension with the capability to warp Ranger powers, they were in for the fight of their lives. After he was defeated, Trini was able to refashion the Zord into a powerful suit of enhanced armor.
● Udonna: Udonna is a powerful sorceress who trains the Mystic Force Power Rangers in the art of magic. As the Mystic Force White Ranger, this accomplished sorceress uses the power of snow to freeze evil.
● Cenozoic Blue Ranger: The Cenozoic Blue Ranger was a loyal and powerful soldier who served with Zordon, the original Red Ranger. Eons after his tragic demise at the hands of the traitorous Green Ranger Rita Repulsa, his Power Coin was found by a teenager named Billy Cranston, who then took on the Blue Ranger mantle.
Four new battle arenas:
● Selectable Arenas: Corinth and Planet Earth: Cenozoic Era
● Non-Selectable Arenas (Story Mode only): Command Center (Malfunctioning) and Lord Drakkon's Throne Room (Flashback)
Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid emphasizes accessibility without sacrificing depth and complexity. The controls promote simplicity and fluidity, enabling beginners to enjoy the combat system and encouraging advanced players to delve into its gameplay mechanics, which include real-time assist takeover, dynamic defense through push blocking and aerial guard, customizable juggle combos, and a unique Megazord comeback mode.
• Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid can be played online and offline.
• In online mode, players are matched against similarly skilled players from across the world in "Ranked Mode" to compete for League Points, or just for fun with no points lost played in "Casual Mode."
• Offline, players can play against another opponent or the computer in "Versus Mode" or fight in
"Arcade Mode" to experience a series of battles that ultimately ends against a final boss.
• There is also a "Training Mode" which will allow players to hone their skills against an A.I. led player and a Tutorial to teach players the game's core mechanics.