Atari has finally revealed one of their latest titles, Tempest 4000, of which we got to play a little bit of up at PAX West this past weekend. The game is being called a "collaborative love-letter for Tempest fans from Minter and Atari that's been enhanced for contemporary audiences with exciting new features and gorgeous 4K graphics." Atari released brand new screenshots for you to check out below, along with some details about the game before it makes its way to PC, PS4, and Xbox One sometime this holiday season.
- Arcade Style Shooter: Blast down hordes of enemies in this fast-paced arcade style shoot 'em up.
- Unparalleled Graphics: Experience Tempest 4000's mind-blowing graphics in beautiful 4K resolution.
- Multiple Game Modes: Pick from three different game modes including Standard, Pure and Endurance that will push your skills to the limit.
- Level Up: Progress and clear through 100 unique geometric levels by destroying enemies with various weapons and power-ups, and earn upgrades through bonus rounds.
- Climb to the Top of the Leaderboards: Post your high score in your quest to be recognized as number one on the leaderboards.
- Retro Techno Soundtrack: Enjoy the beats of a thumping soundtrack inspired by early 1990's techno.
- Old School Gameplay: Feeling nostalgic? Relive the traditional gameplay of the original Tempest with enhanced graphics on current generation consoles.