Grab your gear, your friends, a good pair of shoes and some water. This afternoon, Niantic released details of the Pokémon GO update we talked about a few days ago, which officially went live today. Below is the information the company released a couple hours ago about the updates to the iOS and Android apps, now unlocking all the new features of the game. This includes the giant raid feature where you and 20 others can take over a gym as a team.
If you haven't already made plans with your fellow team members to go out on a raid, now might be a good time to update your app and text everyone you know for a night on the town trying to conquer them all.
Pokémon GO is in the process of being updated to version 0.67.1 for Android and 1.37.1 for iOS devices. Below are some release notes and comments from our development team.
- Gym features significantly updated to add the all-new motivation system.
- Added new Gym Badge feature.
- Added in-app and push notification system for Gyms.
- Added Raid Battles, a new cooperative gameplay experience.
- Added four new items available only by completing Raid Battles.
- Added Raids tab to Nearby screen.
- Added search functionality to Pokémon collection screen.
- Added visual indicator to unvisited PokéStops.