Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor really could end up being an important and revolutionary title. The Nemesis System is a great narrative construct that could have an important impact on video game stories going forward. The game won several Game of the Year awards and it's not hard to see why.
On that note, the title is going to be getting it's own Game of the Year edition fairly soon. This version will launch on Xbox One, PC and PlayStation 4 on May 8th. You'll be able to acquire it for $49.99 consoles and $34.99 on Steam.
This edition will include the main game as well as all these additions on top:
● Story Packs: The Lord of The Hunt and The Bright Lord
● Skins: The Dark Ranger, Captain of the Watch, Lord of the Hunt, The Bright Lord, Power of Shadow and Lithariel Skins
● Runes: Hidden Blade, Deadly Archer, Flame of Anor, Rising Storm, Orc Slayer, Defiant to the End, Elven Grace, Ascendant, One with Nature
● Missions: Guardians of the Flaming Eye, The Berserks and The Skull Crushers Warband Missions
● Challenge Modes: Test of Power, Test of Speed, Test of Wisdom, Endless Challenge, Test of the Wild, Test of the Ring, Test of Defiance Challenge Modes
● Additional Features: Photo Mode
While I'm not the biggest fans of GOTY releases, if you haven't played Shadow of Mordor, that price isn't bad for all the additional content. You should give it a go.