Welcome to the pretty-much-mostly-daily Lying In The Gutters. A run around the day before and the day ahead. You can sign up to receive it as an e-mail here.
Today is a day like any other on Bleeding Cool and you will be getting a full day of content. News, reviews, solicitations, comic book celebration. When the family are too much, and the TV too predictable and even the local Chinese restaurant has closed and the elderly relatives have started opining about immigration, Bleeding Cool will be here for you. Enjoy. And do subscribe to the Daily LITG as a way to get you through it all. And a few Christmas cards of my own…
The 10 most-read stories yesterday
- "SNL": Why Did Eddie Murphy's Return Need to Be Marred? [OPINION]
- Doomsday Clock as a Love Letter to Superman (Spoilers)
- Neil Gaiman on the BBC, Streaming Globally For Free, This Christmas – With David Tennant, Kit Harington, Amanda Palmer and Glenda Jackson
- Ubisoft Releases The "Just Dance 2020" Song List
- More Incest-Kissing in Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker? (Spoilers)
- "Rick and Morty": Netflix Makes Season 4 Available in 30+ Countries
- Did John Paul Leon Cast Jake Gyllenhaal as John Constantine in Hellblazer?
- When Todd McFarlane Pops By Your Comic Store For Five Hours Straight
- "Umbrella Academy" Vanya Has a Funko Pop Chase! [Review]
- Frank Darabont Paid Over a Million – You Get a Limited Print of Bernie Wrightson's Frankenstein for $150
One year ago:
- Doctor Who: Yet Another Other Holiday Tradition Fizzles Out
- Apple Vs DC Comics Over Shazam Trademark?
- It's Not Just Valeria and Franklin Who Have Been Aged in Fantastic Four #5 (SPOILERS)
- Now Marvel Gets a Special Tray For Comics at Walmart – 3 For $5
- Seth MacFarlane and Raising 'The Orville' Bar for Season 2
- It's Christmas Day.
- Christmas Day- Piemas , Illusive Comics & Games, Santa Clara, California – Illusive will be open from 10am-2pm on December 25th. We know that not everyone has a place to spend the 25th of December. Plenty of folks don't celebrate Christmas, too. So we're open with Pie and a Special Sale! Join us to nom and celebrate dessert!
- Anyone Comics is open on Christmas Day, Brooklyn, New York, open from noon to 9pm. Yes, it is Wednesday after all, and that means we will have new books in the form of indie comics. Lastly, instead of a discount we are straight up giving you free graphic novels as presents! They will be wrapped so feel free to open them or re-gift them to someone if you need to! No questions asked, you don't have to celebrate Christmas to participate! Serge will be working that day, so give him a hot cocoa or something.
And a happy birthday to:
- DC Super Hero Girls and My Little Pony artist Agnes Garbowska.
- Comic book journalist Jason Borelli.
- Comic writer of Planet of Daemons, Future Primitive and DIS, Kevin Gunstone.
- Owner of Tricon, James Maddox.
- Comic colourist and creator of My Gal, The Zombie, Dan Conner.
- My Dad.