The Top Ten Bestselling Comics Of 2016 – In The Direct Market
Okay, doing a little number crunching, and looking at December's solicitations… I think we have the top ten selling comic books of 2016, sold through Diamond Comic Distributors to the direct market of comic book stores, subscriptions boxes, bookstores, game stores, pop culture stores and conventions in North America. Only Justice League Vs Suicide Squad #1 threatens to make its way in next month. But as it stands, I think this is it.
And yes, it is worth noting, that the one Loot Crate comic to go through Diamond got the top spot. If the Harley Quinn or Street Fighter: Hyper Looting #1 Loot Crate comics from DC and Udon respectively had gone the same way, they'd have joined Big Trouble in Little China/Escape From New York at the top. But they didn't.
It's also noticeable that while every book is an issue 1 launch, none of the DC titles are the initial Rebirth #1 relaunch, rather the subsequent #1 of the ongoing series.
The Top 10 Of 2016
1. Big Trouble in Little China/Escape From New York #1 by Greg Pak and Daniel Bayliss.
2. Civil War II #1 by Brian Bendis and David Marquez.
3. Harley Quinn #1 by Amanda Conner, Jimmy Palmiotti and Chad Hardin.
4. Champions #1 by Mark Waid, Victor Olazaba and Humberto Ramos.
5. All-Star Batman #1 by Scott Snyder, Declan Shalvey, John Romita and Danny Miki.
6. Batman #1 by Tom King, David Finch and Matt Batt Banning
7. Black Panther #1 by Ta-Nehisi Coates and Brian Stelfreeze,
8. DC Universe Rebirth #1 by Geoff Johns, Ivan Reis, Ethan Van Sciver, Phil Jimenez, Joe Prado and Gary Frank.
9. Justice League #1 by Bryan Hitch, Sandu Florea and Tony S. Daniel.
10. Suicide Squad #1 by Rob Williams, Jason Fabok, Jim Lee, Scott Williams
Diamond Comics will issue their end-of-year chart in January. See how close we got.
Stay up-to-date and support the site by following Bleeding Cool on Google News today!