The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl is celebrating its 50th issue in March with Unbeatable Squirrel Girl #42, so that means… wait, what? Well, it turns out that though the issue is numbered #42, it's actually the 50th issue if you count the relaunch that occurred after Unbeatable Squirrel Girl #8, and that means it's time for a big celebration.
And Marvel is pulling out all the stops for that celebration, as their March solicitations just revealed, including the return of original Unbeatable Squirrel-Girl artist Erica Henderson for this special issue.
The question is, in another 8 issues, do we celebrate #50 again?
Check out the solicitation below.
THE UNBEATABLE SQUIRREL GIRL #42
RYAN NORTH (W) • ERICA HENDERSON, DEREK CHARM, NAOMI FRANQUIZ (A)
Cover by ERICA HENDERSON
VARIANT COVER BY MARCOS MARTIN
CELEBRATING 50 ISSUES OF SQUIRREL GIRL!
• It's the 50TH ISSUE of THE UNBEATABLE SQUIRREL GIRL! That's right: this issue — #42 — is our 50th!
• It says #42 on the cover, but that's only because we had eight issues, and then a second #1 in our first year, although this of course doesn't count the OGN (SQUIRREL GIRL BEATS UP THE MARVEL UNIVERSE), which is another five issues of story, which would put us at… issue #55? This is getting complicated. Anyway!
• By a certain way of counting, it's our 50TH ISSUE of THE UNBEATABLE SQUIRREL GIRL!
• And to celebrate, we're doing a stand-alone story in which she takes on none other than… KANG THE CONQUEROR. It's a battle across space AND time as Kang attacks three distinct eras of Doreen!
• And it's not just Kang who is joining us for this celebration! Original UNBEATABLE artist Erica Henderson is joining series regular Derek Charm, along with Naomi Franquiz!
• THIS IS A REALLY GOOD ISSUE AND WE'RE SUPER BIASED BUT WE THINK YOU SHOULD ORDER IT, THANKS.
32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99