These are strange times, but The Daily LITG is becoming a valuable way to quantify just what comic book geek culture is up to in this time of trial. Yesterday that still contained Black Lightning and the reaction of Tony Isabella to how the character is currently being treated. But also the latest in the Poison Ivy hearings. Welcome all, to the daily Lying In The Gutters a long-running run around the day before and the day ahead. You can sign up to receive to as an e-mail here.
Poison Ivy and the ten most-read stories yesterday
Bleeding Cool continues to report from the comics industry shutdown, steeped in Black Lightning reaction, Poison Ivy investigation and more. Keep up with your Daily LITG.
- What Did DC Comics Expect From Poison Ivy in Heroes In Crisis?
- Whose Torso Is That in Netflix's The Umbrella Academy Season 2 Tease?
- The Orville Season 3: Seth MacFarlane Offers Production Update
- A New Interesting Detail Found In Red Dead Redemption 2
- Tony Isabella Speaks Out About DC Comics' Treatment of Black Lightning
- Steve Geppi's Lack of Social Media Filter – and Backing the Comeback
- Marc Silvestri, Holding Out on a Greg Capullo Deal For Batman/Joker?
- Shad Gaspard of Cryme Tyme Caught in Ocean Riptide, Now Missing
- Scottish Police Scold Neil Gaiman Over Public Marital Spat
- DC Comics Switches Printing from Canada to Missouri
Comic Book Events happening today
There would also have been signings, appearances, symposia, all manner of comic book-related events. But a few have gone online, and here are some still happening today, on the Daily LITG. And we are returning to events in the flesh as well.
- New DC Comics Day -but no Poison Ivy.
- Neymar Jr. Comics Presents: Learn How To Draw Sonic the Hedgehog 1-2pm CDT
- On-Line Comic/Manga Class, The Art Establishment 2-4pm EDT
- Comics and Cookies, Monroe County Public Library (Indiana), 3.30-4.30pm EDT
Comic Book birthdays today
There may not be much of a party atmosphere right now. Or if there is, the police will come and shut you down. But comic folk are still getting older and still celebrating that special date.
- David Tischman, writer on American Century, Cable, Bite Club, Star Trek, and Heroine Chic.
- Patrick Meaney, director of Grant Morrison: Talking With Gods, Warren Ellis: Captured Ghosts, She Makes Comics and Neil Gaiman: Dream Dangerously.
- Gene Tipton, owner of Dark Shot Comics Publishing
- Steve Lieber, artist on Detective Comics, Superior Foes of Spider-Man and Hawkman, co-creator of Whiteout.
- Jay Faerber, writer on Generation X, New Warriors, Titans, co-creator of Noble Causes, Dynamo 5, Near Death and Copperhead, and TV series Supergirl.
Subscribe to our LitG Daily Mailing List
Interested in more debate over Animal Crossing or anything else? Subscribe to our LitG Daily Mailing List. And we'll see you here tomorrow.