The world seems like a terrible and strange place sometimes, but fandom still brings us together. Or at least gives us someone to unite against. These are strange times, but The Daily LITG is becoming a valuable way to quantify just what comic book geek culture is up to in this time of trial. Which right now seems to be discussing Emma Frost statues. I know, who would have thought people would get so defensive of statues right now. But they were equally concerned about Harley Quinn statues a year ago too. Welcome all, to the daily Lying In The Gutters, a long-running run around the day before and the day ahead. You can sign up to receive it as an e-mail here.
Emma Frost Statues and the ten most-read stories yesterday
I suppose, discussion about Emma Frost's bust – I mean statues – may prove some distraction. Here's what else people were reading yesterday.
- Emma Frost Shows Her True Colors with Iron Studios X-Men Series
- Nickelodeon Post Fuels SpongeBob SquarePants Sexuality Speculation
- Ten Thoughts About Dark Nights: Death Metal #1 (Spoilers)
- Five Comic Book Stores Announce Permanent Closure
- Dave Sim Pulls Plug on The Strange Death Of Alex Raymond
- Our Scooby-Doo Series Rankings: From "Ruh-Roh" to Scooby Snack-Worthy
- Highlander Gets its First Collectible Release from Chronicle
- The Artgerm DC Portfolio and Some Brilliant Capitalism
- Hasbro Gaming Greats – Star Wars: The Force Unleashed Edition
- Comics Folk Talk About the Impact of Dennis O'Neil
Harley Quinn statues – one year ago
- "The Flash": Jessica Parker Kennedy Talks Possible Nora Return
- Would You Pay DC $5200 For a Harley Quinn Life-Size Statue That Comes In Five Pieces?
- DC Comics Black Label Logo Rumour Redesign to Resemble Classic Bullet Logo?
- Thanos is Back in Guardians of the Galaxy #6 (Preview)
- Futurama Fans: Here's a Rare Shot at the Bender Prototype
Comic Book Events happening today
There would also have been signings, appearances, symposia, all manner of comic book-related events. But a few have gone online, and here are some still happening today, on the Daily LITG.
- New Comics Day (DC Edition)
- TogetherAtHome: Kids' Comic Arts Workshop with Chris Cochrane, Visit Kingston 10am EDT
Comic Book birthdays today
There may not be much of a party atmosphere right now. All depends on which state you are living in. But comic folk are still getting older and still celebrating that special date. With eleven years for us as well.
- Vito Delsante, writer on Batman, Wolverine and Scooby-Doo.
- Gisele Lagace, creator of Ménage à 3.
- John Fleming, writer of Badasssical
Subscribe to our LitG Daily Mailing List
Interested in more debate about statues or anything else? Subscribe to our LitG Daily Mailing List. And we'll see you here tomorrow.