Earth Omega time! Today sees the publication of Justice League Future State #2, which sees the Justice League of the future being impersonated by the White Martians Hyperclan. Clearly, they need to get their identities back and forger a new Justice League away from the problems that led to this state. And Jo Mullein, Green Lantern of Earth, has to deal with those they have captured.
Earth Omega? What is Earth Omega, Future State: Justice League writer Josh Willliamson? Well for that you have to go back to Death Metal #7 and forward to Infinite Frontier #0. Spoilers, of course.
Death Metal #7 told us there were two new centres of the Multiverse. And that there were two new centres. One is Elseworld. Whatever that means. And the other? Bleeding Cool understands that will be called Earth Omega and we will learn more in Infinite Frontier #0 – also written by Josh Williamson. And of course in the DC Universe, omega can mean just one thing. And a place of punishment or containment may well fit in with that too.
Say, when is the Zack Snyder Justice League: The Snyder Cut launching again? March, about two weeks after Infinite Frontier #0? Well that is very good timing, is it not?
FUTURE STATE JUSTICE LEAGUE #2 (OF 2)
(W) Josh Williamson (A) Robson Rocha
Exiled to a distant planet, the Justice League suspects an impostor in their midst, but not even the next Batman or Green Lantern can find the clues they're looking for. Meanwhile on Earth, the terrifying return of a classic Justice League villain may spell doom for the planet! Doppelgängers abound, paranoia runs rampant, and only the Justice League can save humanity—if they can ever find their way home. Plus, all the world's terrible truths are revealed as the Justice League Dark make their last stand. Hunted, beaten, and harvested for their magic, Zatanna, John Constantine, Detective Chimp, Ragman, Madame Xanadu, and Etrigan all unleash a desperate plan that could destroy them—but is it worth the cost to finish Mad Merlin and his mysterious Knights? Only Doctor Fate knows, and the truth may spell hope or doom!
Retail: $5.99 In-Store Date: 02/09/2021
INFINITE FRONTIER #0 (ONE SHOT)
The next phase of the DC Universe begins here! Dark Knights: Death Metal presented the darkest threats of the Multiverse. DC Future State revealed what may lie ahead. Now it's time to look into the Infinite Frontier of the current-day DC Universe. In Gotham City, The Joker jolts citizens awake with an attack even the Dark Knight never expected. In Brazil, a young woman discovers her destiny and her connection to the Amazons. In Belle Reve, Amanda Waller plots an invasion of Arkham Asylum. In the far reaches of space, Mongul dreams of galactic domination, while the Green Lantern Corps hosts a summit of its greatest enemies. At the Hall of Justice, the League joins forces with Black Adam. Beyond the mortal world, Wonder Woman settles into a new role in the godsphere. And somewhere in the DC Universe—it's the return of Stargirl, in an all-new tale written by Geoff Johns! This oversized, all-star issue kicks off the next great era of storytelling and excitement as top writers and artists reveal what's next for the World's Greatest Heroes and opens the door to some of the greatest stories of 2021. Retail: $5.99 In-Store Date: 03/02/2021
- Framing sequence written by Joshua Williamson with James Tynion IV and Scott Snyder, illustrated by John Timms and Alex Sinclair
- Justice League by Brian Michael Bendis, David Marquez, and Tamra Bonvillain
- Batman by James Tynion IV, Jorge Jiménez, and Tomeu Morey
- Wonder Woman by Becky Cloonan & Michael W. Conrad, Alitha Martinez & Mark Morales, Emilio Lopez
- Wonder Girl by Joëlle Jones and Jordie Bellaire
- Green Lantern: Alan Scott by James Tynion IV and Stephen Byrne
- Teen Titans Academy by Tim Sheridan, Rafa Sandoval & Jordi Tarragona, and Alejandro Sanchez
- Superman by Phillip Kennedy Johnson, Jamal Igle, and Hi-Fi
- Green Arrow & Black Canary by Joshua Williamson, Alex Maleev, and Jordie Bellaire
- Stargirl by Geoff Johns, Todd Nauck, and Hi-Fi
- Green Lanterns by Geoffrey Thorne, Dexter Soy, and Alex Sinclair
- The Flash by Joshua Williamson, Howard Porter, and Hi-Fi
- Epilogue by Joshua Williamson, John Romita Jr. & Klaus Janson, Brad Anderson