These are strange times, but The Daily LITG is becoming a valuable way to quantify just what comic book geek culture is up to in this time of trial. Wonder Woman cosplay appears to have gone viral, but there are some entertaining guesses as to just who Michael Grey is. Dan DiDio says it's not him, but the three favourites are Devin Grayson, JMS and Geoff Johns. We are also collating a fair few free Amazon graphic novels from the big boys. Welcome all, to the daily Lying In The Gutters a long-running run around the day before and the day ahead. You can sign up to receive it as an e-mail here.
Wonder Woman Cosplay, Michael Grey, and the 10 Most-Read Stories yesterday
Bleeding Cool continues to report from the comics industry shutdown, With more from Wonder Woman's cosplay adventures, Shane Davis fighting for his artwork and the mystery of Michael Grey. Keep up with your Daily LITG.
- When Wonder Woman Gets Mistaken as a Cosplayer
- Someone Recreated A Zelda Map In Animal Crossing: New Horizons
- Who On Earth is DC Comics' New Batman Writer Michael Grey?
- AmazonWatch: Marvel TPBs For Free, From Venom to Secret Invasion
- Shane Davis of DC Comics on His Fight to Get His Artwork Back
- Supernatural Stars Jared Padalecki, Jensen Ackles On Show's Legacy
- Amazon Glitchwatch: Dark Horse Omnibuses and TPBs For Free, Now
- The Flash Season 6 Preview: To Stop Godspeed, Barry Must Pay the Piper
- Image Comics New Schedules for May and June 2020
- American Horror Story Star Sarah Paulson Posts Coven BTS Snake Pic
Patrick Gleason, FCBD and the 5 most-read stories one year ago
Patrick Gleason was probably Marvel's biggest scalps from DC Comics last year, usually the kind of thing DC Comics had been doing.
- Patrick Gleason Debuts New Look of the Marvel Universe, Jumps From DC Comics to Marvel Exclusive
- So How Much Are Free Comic Book Day 2019 Titles Selling For?
- Wrestling Legend The Iron Sheik Trashes Star Wars: The Last Jedi for #MayTheFourth
- 'Avengers: Endgame' Sinks 'Titanic' as No. 2 Film of All Time with $2.1 Billion
- Netflix Releases 'The Wandering Earth' Without Announcement or Fanfare
Comic Book Events happening today
There would also have been signings, appearances, symposia, all manner of comic book-related events. But a few have gone online, and here are some still happening today, on the Daily LITG.
- Live Facebook Sale – Silver and Bronze Age Comics, Kingdom Of Comics, Melbourne, Florida 4pm
- Comics X Brescia, Comics League of Brixia, Brescia 4.30pm UTC+2.
- French Comics Apero, Institut français du Royaume-Uni and Culturethèque du Royaume-Uni, 6-7pm BST
Comic Book Industry birthdays, today
There may not be much of a party atmosphere right now. Or if there is, the police will come and shut you down. But comic folk are still getting older and still celebrating that special date.
- David Michelinie, co-creator of Venom, co-founder of Future Comics.
- Nunzio DeFilippis, writer of Dragon Age and New X-Men, creator of Amy Devlin Mysteries and Bad Medicine.
- Bill Walko, creator of The Hero Business.
- Rob Carosella, Marvel colourist.
- Dennis Jensen, Marvel and DC inker.
- Robin Jones, creator of Tragic Tales of Horrere.
- George Gene Gustines, senior editor at the New York Times, writes about comics a lot.
- Elliott Serrano, writer of Army of Darkness, Homies.
Interested in more debate over just who Michael Grey is, or anything else? Subscribe to our LitG Daily Mailing List. And we'll see you here tomorrow.