Daybreak Games and the Comic-Con Museum will be hosting a special anniversary event for classic MMORPG Everquest.
"EverQuest 20: A Living Legend" is a special exhibit designed to celebrate the groundbreaking franchise that popularized and changed the MMORPG genre 20 years ago. The exhibit will run from Saturday, April 27 through Sunday, April 28.
In addition to showcasing a collection of original art, the exhibit will be accompanied by special programs and panels highlighting key moments throughout the game's storied history.
The event will be hosted at The Comic-Con Museum in Balboa Park (2131 Pan America Plaza, San Diego, CA 92101).
The original art, concept work, and other key items will be arranged into a community-focused EverQuest timeline, spanning two decades of active development and gameplay. The Museum gallery will feature original oil paintings by renowned fantasy artist and illustrator Keith Parkinson, the first game design document by Brad McQuaid, and original box art. Attendees will also be invited on an EverQuest adventure inside the museum where they will solve challenges to receive exclusive rewards.
Tge weekend schedule so far includes:
- 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. – EverQuest 20: A Living Legend
- Exhibit Hall Open.
- 11 a.m. PT – Exploring the World of Norrath
- Join game developers as they introduce EverQuest and explore 20 years of evolution and expansion in the world of Norrath.
- 1 p.m. PT – Living the Legacy
- Senior members of the EverQuest development team will describe what it is like to work on the game they once played, exploring how their ongoing efforts ensure the game and its community continue to thrive.
- 2 p.m. PT – Developer Signing
- Members of the EverQuest team will be signing and distributing exclusive EverQuest 20 posters featuring the game's original key art from 1999.
- 2:30 p.m. PT – Fan-Made Experiences, Community Forum
- Join active members of the EverQuest Community as they explore and discuss the experiences that have defined 20 years of gameplay. The audience will have an opportunity to share their stories as well!
"EverQuest changed the face of MMORPGs and continues to evolve as we remain committed to delivering fantasy content to our loyal fans," said Holly Longdale, Executive Producer of EverQuest. "We can't wait to transport them on an art journey through the game and share their memories with other players who have also loved EverQuest for the past 20 years."
"We are looking forward to welcoming the EverQuest community to the future home of the Comic-Con Museum and celebrating this incredible milestone in gaming history," said Adam Smith, Executive Director of the Comic-Con Museum. "We can't wait to commemorate this special moment with the developers and fans who have kept the world of Norrath alive and thriving for 20 years."