With D&D Live 2021 kicking off today, the crew at Dungeons & Dragons have revealed multiple items coming out in 2021. The big four reveals that came out of today's news were more info on The Wild Beyond the Witchlight, a new dice and accessories set that will be made for that book, and another new sourcebook added to the mix as we're getting Fizban's Treasury Of Dragons! We have more info on all of them below for you to check out as there will be more detailed info taking place throughout today's stream on G4's YouTube and Twitch channels, starting at 12pm PT today!
Dungeons & Dragons: Fizban's Treasury Of Dragons (10/19/21)
Meet Fizban the Fabulous: doddering archmage, unlikely hero of the War of the Lance, divine avatar of a dragon-god—and your guide to the mysteries of dragonkind in the worlds of Dungeons & Dragons. What is the difference between a red dragon and a gold dragon? What is dragonsight? How does the magic that suffuses dragons impact the world around them? Here is your comprehensive guide to dragons, filled with the tips and tools Dungeon Masters and players need for their encounters with these dangerous magical creatures.
Dragonslayers and dragon scholars alike will appreciate the new dragon-themed options for players eager to harness the power of dragon magic and create unique and memorable draconic characters. Dungeon Masters will discover a rich hoard of new tools and information for designing dragon-themed encounters, adventures, and campaigns. Discover a host of new dragons and other creatures. Learn about the lairs and hoards of each type of dragon, and how hoards focus the magic that suffuses dragons and connects them to the myriad worlds of the Material Plane. Discover everything there is to know about the most iconic monsters of D&D with help from Fizban, your expert advisor on dragonkind!
- Introduces gem dragons to Fifth Edition!
- Reveals the story of the First World and the role Bahamut and Tiamat played in its creation and destruction.
- Adds new player character options, including unique draconic ancestries for dragonborn, dragon-themed subclasses for monks and rangers, and new feat and spell options.
- Offers everything a Dungeon Master needs to craft adventures inspired by dragons across the worlds of D&D, with new dragon lair maps and details on 20 different kinds of dragons.
- Presents a complete dragon bestiary and introduces a variety of new dragons and dragon-related creatures, including aspects of the dragon gods, dragon minions, and more.
The Witchlight Carnival Dice & Miscellany (9/21/21)
The wild, wonderful Witchlight Carnival travels from world to world, bringing the magic of the Feywild with it. Before you get your ticket, grab the right dice for the occasion. The set includes:
- Eleven premium dice (two d20s, one d12, two d10s, one d8, four d6s, one d4)
- Durable, felt-lined box that doubles as two dice trays
- A beautifully illustrated, double-sided player-friendly foldout map with the Witchlight Carnival on one side and carnival concept art on the other
- Nineteen double-sided reference cards with descriptions and illustrations of characters, creatures, games, and other features of the Witchlight Carnival
Dungeons & Dragons: The Wild Beyond The Witchlight (9/21/21)
Once every eight years, the fantastic Witchlight Carnival touches down on your world, bringing joy to one settlement after the next. Its owners, Mister Witch and Mister Light, know how to put on a good show. But there's more to this magical extravaganza than meets the eye! The carnival is a gateway to a fantastic Feywild domain unlike anything found on the Material Plane. Time has not been kind to this realm, however, and dark days lie ahead unless someone can thwart the dastardly schemes of the Hourglass Coven. The Wild Beyond the Witchlight takes adventurers from the Witchlight Carnival to Prismeer, a Feywild domain of delight, and is designed for characters of levels 1–8. This book comes with a poster map that shows the carnival on one side and Prismeer on the other.
- This is the first official Dungeons & Dragons adventure set primarily in the Feywild, the Plane of Faerie.
- The Witchlight Carnival, which serves as the means by which the characters enter the Feywild, can be dropped easily into any campaign setting.
- Players can create characters using one of two new races presented in this adventure, faeries and the harengon (rabbit folk).
- Two new character backgrounds are included: the Feylost (for characters who grew up in the Feywild) and the Witchlight Hand (for characters who work at the Witchlight Carnival).
- All encounters in the adventure include a non-combat option, allowing players to think and roleplay their way through the adventure if they wish.
- The adventure features the return of Warduke, Strongheart, Kelek and other classic D&D characters from the 1980s.