Bethesda Softworks just released Update 20 for Fallout 76, bringing players content for Season One, including the Legendary Run. We have the complete details for you below from the devs, including the trailer to show it all off as everything is live right now. The biggest thing we're looking forward to is the Legendary Run, which will really test player's endurance as well as their ability to survive in a Fallout environment that has yet to be established as other games have in the past. Best of luck to all of you who take up the run!
Season 1 Begins – The Legendary Run
The Legendary Run is Fallout 76's first Season and marks the start of a new account-wide progression system that overhauls the current Challenges and offer players tons of rewards along the way. Players will see a new option on the Main Menu for The Legendary Run where they can view their progress and preview all available rewards.
· The Legendary Run progression screen features a Captain Cosmos-inspired boardgame where progression is represented as a spaceship game piece on the board.
· Players will begin The Legendary Run at Rank 1 and can advance their position on the board by earning S.C.O.R.E. through many typical activities they're already participating in as well as completing Daily and Weekly Challenges, Public Events, and by leveling up.
· Every time players reach a new Rank, they're eligible to claim a new reward, like unique armors, C.A.M.P. items, weapon skins, Power Armor paints, consumables, Perk Card Packs, Atoms, and even in-game currencies like Scrip, Caps, or Gold Bullion.
Public Teams is a new system designed make grouping up with others easier and more beneficial than ever, offering special bonuses to players who choose to play together toward a shared team goal.
Join a Public Team
– A new "Public Teams" tab is available in the Social Menu. From there players can browse all existing Public Teams in their current world, join one, or create a team of their own.
– Every Public Team has its own Team Goal set by the Team Leader, like Exploration or Events, which can help players find like-minded players to join.
– Public Teams can have up to four members at once. If there is an open spot, players can click one of the teams in the list to immediately join.
Create a Public Team
– To start your own Public Team, select "Create New Team" from the Public Teams tab.
– Next, select from one of six available team goals including Hunting, Roleplay, Events, Exploration, Building, or Casual.
– After a goal is set all players in the current world will receive a notification that a new Public Team is available (except players you've blocked)