Registeel Raid Guide For Pokémon GO Players: June 2021
Tomorrow, Yveltal is out and the Legendary Titans of Hoenn are in. Regirock, Regice, and Registeel will be the Tier Five Raid Bosses in Pokémon GO until they are replaced by a surprise raid boss on Thursday, June 17th at 10 AM local time. The Regis have some shared weaknesses, but it is recommended to make specialized teams of counters for all three of these Pokémon. With this raid guide, learn the top Registeel counters and understand this Titan's Shiny rate and 100% IVs to make for a smooth raiding experience.
Top Registeell Counters
Pokebattler, which calculates all possible combinations of Pokémon and moves, lists the top 10 Registeel counters as such:
- Mega Charizard Y (Fire Spin, Blast Burn)
- Shadow Moltres (Fire Spin, Overheat)
- Shadow Entei (Fire Fang, Overheat)
- Shadow Machamp (Counter, Dynamic Punch)
- Reshiram (Fire Fang, Overheat)
- Mega Charizard X (Fire Spin, Blast Burn)*
- Shadow Charizard (Fire Spin, Blast Burn)
- Chandelure (Fire Spin, Overheat)
- Shadow Hariyama (Counter, Dynamic Punch)
- Mega Houndoom (Fire Fang, Flamethrower)*
*Note that only one Mega Pokémon can be evolved at once, so you cannot have two on your team. If possible, choose the higher-ranked option.
It is recommended to power up your counters as much as possible, but creating that amount of strong Shadow or Mega Pokémon with their moves unlocked is a tall order for even the most practiced players. Here are ten additional non-Shadow and non-Mega counters that can help take down Registeel with efficiency.
- Lucario (Counter, Aura Sphere)
- Darmanitan (Fire Fang, Overheat)
- Moltres (Fire Spin, Overheat)
- Conkeldurr (Counter, Dynamic Punch)
- Blaziken (Counter, Blast Burn)
- Entei (Fire Fang, Overheat)
- Machamp (Counter, Dynamic Punch)
- Therian Forme Landorus (Mud Shot, Earthquake)
- Garchomp (Mud Shot, Earth Power)
- Heatran (Fire Spin, Flamethrower)
How Many Trainers Are Needed?
Three trainers can take down Registeel, but if you cannot guarantee the top counters, your best bet is to approach the raid with four or more.
Using the Circle Lock Technique to guarantee Great or Excellent throws, along with Golden Razz Berries, is the best way to catch Legendary Pokémon. Personally, I do try a few Silver Pinaps for the first few throws to see if I can get that extra Candy. Once the number of throws dwindles, though, I recommend switching to Golden Razz Berries to ensure you'll successfully catch Registeel.
Shiny Odds & 100% IVs
The Shiny rate for Legendary Pokémon is approximately one in twenty.
When looking for a Pokémon with the best stats, the 100% IV Registeel will have a CP of 1398 in normal weather conditions and 1748 in boosted conditions.
Happy raiding, fellow trainers!