This morning, Rare unleashed a new content update for Sea of Thieves, giving players a free addition with Shrouded Spoils. Along with all the additions you see below, the game basically fixed a bunch of bugs and expanded the pirate experience for you and your crew. The free update kicked in today for everyone, and if you're curious to see what's all there, we have a dev update trailer for you here.
· The addition of fog that can appear suddenly and cloak all manner of dangers at sea and on land
· New Merchant Alliance items to find including the explosive Mega-keg, Crate of Ancient Bone Dust and Mermaid Statue Gems
· More skeleton forts to take on as six new forts become active making nine in total
· Improved skeleton ships including the addition of a new skeleton sloop, a new 'Battle of the Devil's Roar' skeleton ship skirmish and the addition of roaming skeleton ships who display varying levels of aggression
· New ways to express yourself including all-new ship customisations – cannons, wheels and capstans – and the time-limited 'Wailing Barnacle' ship and cosmetic set
· A range of new Pirate Legend Commendations for Athena Levels 1-10
· More frequent appearances from the Kraken (who's also learned some new tricks), a range of new Megalodon variants to find and rewards and commendations for defeating these monsters