That's Peter Capaldi of The Thick Of It... and just revealed as The Next Doctor.
So, since I managed not to guess the next Doctor, or even get anything close to a decent source for him, here are some likely spurious thoughts. Let's see if they get anywhere near.
- We need a new Master to go opposite this Doctor. Double regeneration for Christmas?
- This is the last life, the final regeneration for the Doctor. Steven Moffat gets to tell that story – one year or two?
- And how will he pull a new lease of lives out of the hat for the Doctor?
- Will we have a season of foreboding?
- And yes, at some point, will he threaten to stick a sonic screwdriver up someone's arse and turn on the red settings?
Also, I hear Daniel Rigby is really good in Holes at the Edinburgh Festival and tickets have been selling very brickly for subsequent performances. So, a silver lining…