These are strange times, but The Daily LITG is becoming a valuable way to quantify just what comic book geek culture is being absorbed in this time of trial. Also, to make sure that you don't miss what everyone else is reading. Right now that means comic retailer plans to fix the direct market, possible plans from Diamond to begin distribution again and, of course, Zoom backgrounds. Welcome all, to the daily Lying In The Gutters a long-running run around the day before and the day ahead. You can sign up to receive it as an e-mail here.
Direct Market, Diamond, DC Zoom and the 10 Most-Read Stories Yesterday
People are loving those DC, Marvel and Batman Zoom backgrounds. However, in more substantial articles, it's all about bringing the direct market back. Bleeding Cool will be continuing to cover the impact of the current situation on the comics industry with this tag.
- DC Comics Offers Virtual Backgrounds for Zoom Conferencing
- Comic Book Retailers Plans to Fix the Direct Market When It Returns
- Street Fighter V Chun-Li Hits the Beach With PCS Collectibles
- Mondo Releasing New A Clockwork Orange Poster Tomorrow
- Diamond Not to Distribute New Comics Until August at the Earliest?
- DC Releases 18 New Batman Virtual Backgrounds for Zoom Conferencing
- Ubisoft Releases The "Just Dance 2020" Song List
- New Comics Coming to Stores Sooner Than We Thought – Mid May?
- Spawn Original Action Figure Kickstarter Clears $1 Million in One Day
- Dan DiDio Biggest Regret at DC Was Year Two of the New 52
The House Of Ideas and the Return of X-Statix one year ago
- Did Avengers: No Road Home #9 Drop in a Massive Marvel Milestone? (SPOILERS)
- Yes, This is the Return of X-Statix… With Stripe, Stork and Stoner
- DC's Year of the Villain Details Revealed, And Yes, There's Variants
- Sean Murphy to Comic Book Artists: Stop Complaining
- Is This The Return of X-Statix – With Mirror Girl, Hurt John and Demos?
Comics News & Events Happening Today
It would have been Wondercon right now, but it's not. There would also have been signings, appearances, symposia, all manner of comic book-related events. But a few have gone online, and here are some still happening today.
- Online Comics Workshop hosted by Leland Bjerg, 2pm PT.
- Infinite Readers Virtual Sunday Comics Brunch #2 11:30am–12:30pm ET
Comics Industry Birthdays Today
There may not be much of a party atmosphere right now. Or if there is, the police will come and shut you down. But comic folk are still getting older and still celebrating that special date.
- Mark Brooks, artist on Batman, Cable & Deadpool, Ultimate X-Men, The Amazing Spider-Man, New X-Men and Avengers: The Initiative.
- Bruce H. Bolinger, Cracked magazine cartoonist
- Gary Martin, artist on Nexus, Mega Man, Doom Patrol.
- Troy Nixey of Trout, Only The End Of The World Again, Vinegar Teeth and The Black Sinister.
- Alan Vickers, manager of New England Comics
Interested in Zoom backgrounds, bringing back the direct comics market or anything else? Subscribe to our LitG Daily Mailing List. And we'll see you here tomorrow.