Loki's Favour and the Mephisto Divorce (Amazing Spider-Man #795 and Spirits of Vengeance #5 Spoilers)
Yesterday, we posited the possibility that, with Loki: Sorcerer Supreme popping up in today's Amazing Spider-Man #795, we might be due a revisit to the favour that Loki granted after saving his daughter's life.
And we were right. It's a central point in today's comic book…
… a situation that Loki, God of Mischief, will not stand. I mean, it's only been 300 issues since it happened, but this is Marvel Time and Loki is an immortal god. So there's that.
Some thought Spider-Man could have used that favour to save his Aunt May's life, rather than making a deal with another devil. But at the time, Loki was inconveniently dead.
But, for the first time in a very long time, we do get an an-Amazing Spider-Man reference to that deal.
Even if the editor isn't willing to go further. Is this foreshadowing that writer Dan Slott will, after all, revisit that storyline before he regenerates into Nick Spencer?
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #795
(W) Dan Slott (A) Mike Hawthorne (CA) Alex Ross
THREAT LEVEL RED Part 2
IS THERE A DOCTOR IN THE HOUSE?!
• Spidey pays the Sanctum Sanctorum a visit looking for a consult from the Master of the Mystic arts, Doctor Stephen Strange…
• …but finds himself face-to-face with the Master of Mischief and new Sorcerer Supreme – LOKI LAUFEYSON!
• And he's even MORE charming than in the movies! Don't believe us? Read this one and find out for yourself!
Rated T In Shops: Feb 07, 2018
And, with spoilers for the final issue of the current Spirits of Vengeance now-a-mini-series, a similar boon is granted to those characters from the opposite direction.
Just saying, folk, if you go to heaven, don't knock over any statues.
SPIRITS OF VENGEANCE #5
(W) Victor Gischler (A) David Baldeon (CA) Dan Mora
WAR AT THE GATES OF HELL PART 5
• NECRODAMUS' forces have disrupted the covenant and there's HELL to pay…
• DAIMON HELLSTROM and SATANA are forced to cross a line they vowed never to again…
• Don't miss the stunning climax to MARVEL LEGACY'S #1 limited series!
Rated T+In Shops: Feb 07, 2018
Stay up-to-date and support the site by following Bleeding Cool on Google News today!