The Disney+ Hawkeye show is out, two episodes worth, and it seems to have gone down rather well. But who are those listed in the Special Thanks section? The comic book creators whose work inspired the TV show? Here are the credits from episode one:
And from episode two:
- Hawkeye created by Stan Lee and Don Heck, and Captain America created by Joe Simon and Jack Kirby are spelled out. But who else?
- Well, Stan Lee and Don Heck also created the Swordsman and Black Widow, Stan and Jack created the Hulk, Ant Man and Thor, and Iron Man with Don Heck.
- David Aja – really he should have got so much more than a "thanks", as the artist on the Hawkeye series that most inspired this TV show, and his artwork is not only used for posters and promo for this series but the art in the intro and outro is basically animated versions of his Hawkeye comics. Was co-creator of co-Lucky the Pizza Dog, Tracksuit Draculas, and Kazimierz Kazimierczak
- Brian Bendis and Joe Quesada created the Ronin character, though that was a version of Echo, who David Mack also created with Joe Quesada, as part of the Marvel Knights imprint from Quesada and Jimmy Palmiotti. Ronin was drawn first by David Finch.
- Jim Cheung and Allan Heinberg created Kate Bishop in their comic book series Young Avengers back in 2005.
- Matt Fraction – producer on the show, he also wrote the Hawkeye series that so informed this show – but only got the title and credit because he knows Seth Rogan. Co-creator of Lucky the Pizza Dog, Tracksuit Draculas, Kazimierz Kazimierczak and Detective Caudle.
- Bryan Hitch and Mark Millar on The Ultimates created the Chitauri, which appear in the show as well as the Avengers movie, and Laura Barton in the Ultimates.
- Lou Mougin wrote the origin of the Swordsman in Avengers Spotlight #22, as well as co-creator of Armand Duquesne with Don Heck in that issue.
- Kelly Thompson and Leonardo Romero created the Hawkeye series in 2016, which had Kate Bishop have the lead Hawkeye role, co-creators of Eleanor Bishop
- Roy Thomas, co-creator of Tigra. No credit for her other co-creator, Wally Wood.
- Don Hudson: Co-creator of Moira Brandon alongside Roy Thomas
- Mark Gruenwald, co-creator of Oddball and Bombshell. He also wrote Hawkeye as being deaf for the first time.
- Christopher Gage, Mike Perkins, co-creators of Oddball II, Mr Orville
- Annie Wu Co-creator of Detective Caudle alongside Matt Fraction
Any that we missed?