Today's DC Comics Future State preview book has revealed the full upcoming timelines of DC Future State. And what book goes where… and Bleeding Cool has cut them up and put them on one shareable picture.
- 2025: Arkham Knights, Batgirls, Batman/Superman, Batman Catwoman, Gotham City Sirens, Harley Quinn, Grifters, Nightwing, Outsiders, Red Hood, Robin Eternal
- 2027: Dark Detective, The Flash, Teen Titans
- 2029: Shazam!
- 2030: Aquaman, Black Racer, Justice League Dark, Metropolis Midnighter, Mister Miracle, Suicide Squad, Superman of Metropolis, Superman: Worlds of War, Nubia
- 2035: The Last Lantern
- 2040: Justice League
- 2050: Kara Zor-El, Superwoman, Yara Flor, Superman Vs. Imperius Lex, Superman/Wonder Woman
- 3000: House of El, Legion of Super-Heroes
- 4500: Swamp Thing
- 82,020: Black Adam
- THE END OF TIME: Immortal Wonder Woman
It's curious to consider that much of this was originally part of DCs Generation Five timeline, and that DC pulped every single copy of the Free Comic Book Day title that listed the original DC Timeline. Again, not a single copy of that has made it out onto the aftermarket, despite, as I understand it, five-figure offers from anyone who might have a copy. Given how many DC staffers have been made redundant of late, right we see one or two make it out to eBay in coming months? If you have a copy, please feel free to let Bleeding Cool know, we would love to see what was planned, as well at the 5G books that didn't make it into Future State from some of the bigger names in the comic book industry. I may have to gather a few of those threads together at some point.
Oh yes, and the Midnighter series by Becky Cloonan, Michael W. Conrad and Gleb Melnikov is now called Metropolis Midnighter. Basically, what if Metropolis had a Batman. In the year 2030… sweet. But when is The Next Batman?