Last week, Owlcat Games took to the Steam page of Pathfinder: Kingmaker to let players know an Enhanced Edition would be coming in June. The Enhanced version will be a free upgrade for existing players and have a number of additions made to the game including new abilities, a new Slayer class, new items and weapons, improved balancing, increased variety in encounters, better kingdom management, and new ways to build your character. The devs also announced a new Pathfinder: Kingmaker DLC pack, Beneath the Stolen Lands, which will be released the same day as the Enhanced Edition on June 6th, of which we have the details below.
Some of our shrewder fans have already figured out that we like to release things near the end of the month. Such was our plan for "Beneath The Stolen Lands", our 3rd DLC, as well. However, after postponing it for a month from late April to late May, we've realized we now had 2 releases lined up one after the other in the space of a week. For this reason, we've decided that it would make more sense to release both the DLC and Enhanced Edition on the same day, June 6.
Just to remind you what it's going to be like:
"Beneath The Stolen Lands" Key Features
- Enter a massive dungeon with a party made from scratch. Begin your adventure to the Tenebrous Depths with a party of newly created characters. Start the game from the main menu and experience the descent into an endless rogue-like dungeon
- Explore the near-infinite possibilities of building a Pathfinder character. Try out different builds to perfect your tactics at your leisure. Create a band of adventurers able to overcome any danger!
- Defeat is but a new beginning! Dying in an encounter enables additional benefits for your next playthrough
- Unlock new items to buy across multiple playthroughs. The number of item slots traders have depends on how far you have been able to descend during all of your previous forays combined
- Enter the dungeon as your main character, alternatively you can wait for an invitation from a mysterious protector of Golarion as you play through the Main Story. The pre-set version of the dungeon is included into the main campaign, allowing you to use your character and companions to conquer the Tenebrous Depths