Indie game developer Motion Twin has partnered with publisher Playdigious to bring the cult hit Dead Cells to mobile devices. The mobile release will start with an iOS launch for iPhone and iPad this summer. An android release is slated to follow sometime after.
The mobile version of Dead Cells has a revamped and customizable interface, MFI controller support, and no micro-transactions. Sure, you'll have to pay in order to download the game on mobile, but there won't be any annoying free-to-play or pay-to-win transactions, which is a bonus.
You can check out the mobile announcement trailer below.
Dead Cells is an award-winning roguelike metroidvania action platformer. Explore a sprawling, ever-changing castle… That is, assuming you're able to fight your way past its keepers. To beat the game, you'll have to master frantic 2D combat, with the ever-present threat of permadeath looming.
First available on PC and console, Dead Cells is now in the final phase of a true mobile adaptation coming this summer on iOS!
- Carefully redesigned for iPhone and iPad with a revamped interface
- Two game modes available (original & auto-hit)
- Customize the buttons' positions and sizes, more touch controls options available
- Include MFi external controller support
- Premium game: get the full Dead Cells experience for €9.99! (no ads, no F2P mechanics)
- 11 languages available