DreadXP To Bring Multiple New Games To PAX East 2022
DreadXP announced this morning their lineup of games coming to PAX East 2022, which includes several new games to show off. The indie publisher will be at the Boston Convention & Exhibition Center from April 21st-24, and they will have a booth showing off multiple titles with hands-on demos of Dread Delusion, My Friendly Neighborhood, The Mortuary Assistant, and SPOOKWARE Multiplayer. Not to mention having merch and giveaways as part of their time there. We have the rundown of everything being shown from them below.
- Dread Delusion: An open world RPG with a retro-aesthetic that's brimming with strange places and dark perils. Carve your own path through the flying continents of a shattered land. Discover curious towns, unearth occult secrets, master powerful magic, and change the world through your choices.
- My Friendly Neighborhood: Step into the work-boots of Gordon, a repairman tasked with shutting down the sudden broadcast of a canceled childrens' TV show. Back in the day, fans loved the show's colorful cast of kooky puppet pals who took them on educational adventures and delighted them with fun games. But the show's popularity waned over time, and the studio had to ultimately shut its doors. Then, one night years later, the show suddenly reappears for a surprise encore… are those puppets eating each other!?
- The Mortuary Assistant: Having completed your degree in mortuary sciences, you have taken on an apprenticeship at River Fields Mortuary. You have heard rumors of families believing that their deceased loved ones in your care were possessed or otherwise entangled with the paranormal. Late one night, you are called into work to handle some embalmings. The phone rings with the Mortician on the other end. The rumors are true, and you can not leave.
- SPOOKWARE Multiplayer: An all-new multiplayer mode is coming to SPOOKWARE, DreadXP's fast-paced microgame collection inspired by classic horror icons. Attendees at PAX East 2022 will be first to try out the new mode.
- Sucker for Love: First Date: Released last January, DreadXP's Lovecraftian dating sim visual novel has become a smash-hit! If you somehow missed the game (このバカ!), check it out at PAX East. In the game, you must conduct occult rituals in order to romance a trio of bubbly Eldritch horrors. You'll face many terrors in this quest to obtain a smoosh from an elder god. Good luck.