Square Enix released details this week about the new 5.1 patch coming to Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers, including NieR content being added. You can check out some of the additions on the way as well as the art below, and if you're new to the game, the company is offering a free trial.
Vows of Virtue, Deeds of Cruelty will also bring a variety of new content, features and improvements. During the livestream, Final Fantasy XIV Online Producer and Director Naoki Yoshida outlined much of the content that will arrive with the release of Patch 5.1:
- New Main Scenario Quests – Patch 5.1 introduces the next chapter in the exhilarating Shadowbringers main storyline.
- New 24-Player Alliance Raid: "The Copied Factory" – Guest creators Yosuke Saito and YOKO TARO bring together Final Fantasy and NieR in the YoRHa: Dark Apocalypse alliance raid series.
- Restoration of the Holy See of Ishgard – This crafter- and gatherer-focused content encourages players to work together to build the Firmament in Ishgard. The new content is accompanied by extensive system adjustments and updates for crafting and gathering classes.
- New Game+ – Replay previously completed quests while retaining one's current progression and job level.
- New Dungeon: "The Grand Cosmos" – Players can tackle this new dungeon alongside fellow adventurers, or a party of non-player characters using the Trust system.
- New Extreme Trial – Players will be able to challenge a new extreme difficulty trial.
- New Beast Tribe Quests – The Pixies
- PvP Updates – Substantial changes will be made to PvP actions, alongside the introduction of a new Frontline map and ruleset.
- Blue Mage Job Updates – The first major update to this limited job will feature an increased level cap, new job quests, as well as new blue mage-specific battle challenges and content.
- Performance Action Updates – The addition of an ensemble feature will allow groups of players to create music together.
- Patch 5.1 will also feature job adjustments, Gold Saucer updates, system updates, and more