Moira Is Added To 'Overwatch' While Mercy Is Nerfed… Again
A few days ago, Blizzard officially added Moira to the Overwatch roster, making her one of the quickest additions from PTR to the main game. But she wasn't the only update thrown into the mix as Ana, Lúcio, Mercy, and Winston all got some changes in the latest update. You can see the character notes below, but in short, they messed with Resurrect yet again. They improved her staff and her ultimate just a hair, but we're sure fans aren't too focused on those additions.
- Biotic Rifle
- Damage increased from 60 to 70
Developer Comments: Ana has been outshined by other support heroes lately. Boosting her damage will help her defend herself and make her more threatening to the enemy team.
- Lúcio now has an effect above his head to indicate which song he's playing in spectator mode
- Caduceus Staff
- Increased visual readability of Mercy's healing and damage boosting beams
- Cast time increased from 0 seconds to 1.75 seconds
- Mercy's movement speed is now reduced by 75% while casting
- Can now be interrupted when Mercy is knocked back, stunned, or hacked
- While active, Resurrect no longer has a cast time
- While active, casting Resurrect does not reduce Mercy's movement speed
Developer Comment: We feel that Mercy's recent rework has been successful, but her Resurrect ability still feels too strong and frustrating to play against. Now that it has a cast time, enemies are more able to counter the ability. However, Resurrect will cast instantly when Valkyrie is active. This should make her feel powerful when she transforms on the battlefield.
- Barrier Projector
- Now displays a health bar
Developer Comment: This change will help both Winston's allies and enemies know how much more damage his shield can absorb from oncoming attacks.