Niantic has released new info this morning about the upcoming Pokémon GO Safari Zone event happening in Philadelphia this May. The event will take place at Fairmount Park in Philadelphia from Friday, May 8th until to Sunday, May 10th, 2020. Attendees will have a chance to pick up wild Pokémon such as Voltorb, Alolan Sandshrew, Unown P, Bronzor, Rufflet, Mr. Mime and more. You can read more about it here, but we have some of the finer details on the Explorer Pass below.
With the City Explorer Pass, you'll be able to take part in City Explorer Raids, hatch Eggs faster throughout Philadelphia, and access other exclusive bonuses for the full event weekend. City Explorers will enjoy the following benefits.
- 10 City Explorer Raids on a 72-hour timer will take place at iconic city locations that will be chosen in partnership with the City of Philadelphia. These raids will be accessible only by City Explorers. With varying levels of difficulty and a wide variety of Pokémon to battle, these raids will offer challenges that City Explorers of all levels can enjoy! Access to these raids will be included in the City Explorer Pass—no Premium Battle Passes needed.
- Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres will be available in three five-star City Explorer Raids.
- Braviary, the Evolution of Safari Zone Philadelphia's featured Pokémon Rufflet, will be available in a two-star raid.
- The Legendary Pokémon and EX Raid Pokémon that are available in general while the Safari Zone is running will be appearing in two five-star raids.
- The other four City Explorer Raids will feature one Raid Battle each from each level of difficulty from one star to four star.
- 1/2 Hatch Distance when Eggs are placed into Incubators within the city.
- Exclusive Field Research tasks will be granted by PokéStops throughout the city.
- Regular Lure Modules will last four hours if placed by City Explorers within the city. All Trainers will benefit from those four-hour Lure Modules, not just City Explorers.
- One-hour Incense duration within the city.