Pokémon TCG Value Watch: Lost Origin In August 2023
Pokémon TCG Value Watch observes the Alternate Arts of the Origin Forme Giratina-themed set Sword & Shield - Lost Origin in August 2023.
The Pokémon TCG is an ever-changing and unpredictable market. Over the past two years, we've seen renewed interest in the hobby due to a number of factors, including the 25th Anniversary, strong Sword & Shield-era sets featuring stunning Alternate Arts, influencers, box breaks, COVID-19 lockdown pushing people to find hobbies, and more. For a time, sets and cards that were readily available quickly became difficult to find. Now that the hype is settling down, let's see where modern sets stand. Every month, I will do an installment of this series, Pokémon TCG Value Watch. This series is not financial advice but is rather a way to help collectors know the trajectory of a card's availability so that Pokémon TCG completionists like myself know when to strike. Today, let's see how the cards of Pokémon TCG: Sword & Shield – Lost Origin, which came out in August 2022, are doing now in August 2023.
Here are the top valued cards of Pokémon TCG: Sword & Shield – Lost Origin with market values observed on TCGPlayer as of this writing:
- Giratina V Alternate Art 186/196: $298.70
- Aerodactyl V Alternate Art 186/196: $110.20
- Rotom V Alternate Art 186/196: $35.99
- Galarian Perrserker V Alternate Art 186/196: $26.64
- Giratina VSTAR Rainbow Rare 186/196: $20.54
- Giratina VSTAR Gold Secret Rare 186/196: $13.75
- Aerodactyl VSTAR Rainbow Rare 199/196: $11.91
- Giratina V Full Art 186/196: $9.43
- Giratina VSTAR 131/196: $9.15
- Colress's Experiment Full Art Trainer Supporter 190/196: $8.68
This Pokémon TCG expansion includes a Trainer Gallery subset. The top cards of this subset are:
- Pikachu VMAX Character Super Rare TG17/TC30: $37.49
- Pikachu V Character Super Rare TG16/TC30: $24.39
- Nessa Full Art Trainer Supporter TG27/TC30: $9.27
- Mew VMAX Black & Gold TG30/TC30: $7.85
- Pikachu VMAX Black & Gold TG29/TC30: $7.52
There are no major shifts this month for the cards of Lost Origin. The Giratina V Alt Art chase card is up a few dollars while the rest of the cards shifted similarly either up or down. All of these shifts are too minimal to interpret as any indication of a rise or crash in this set's market value.