Posted in: Games, Mobile Games, Niantic, Pokémon GO | Tagged: Kyogre, Niantic, pokemon, pokemon go, Pokémon GO Tour: Hoenn
Primal Kyogre Raid Guide For Pokémon GO Tour: Hoenn
Our Primal Kyogre Raid Guide for Pokémon GO Tour: Hoenn will get you ready for the most difficult raid battle of your lifetime.
The upcoming Pokémon GO Tour: Hoenn mega event will take place this weekend, February 25th and 26th. It will feature all four Formes of Deoxys (Defense, Normal, Attack, and Speed) in Tier Five Raids while Primal Kyogre and Primal Groudon arrive in new Primal Raids, that are much like Mega Raids… but more difficult to complete. All this week, we will feature Raid Guides for these upcoming bosses so that you will be prepared for the fight during Pokémon GO Tour: Hoenn. Today, we will help you build a team to take down Primal Kyogre in new, overpowered Primal Raids. Let's get into it.
Top Primal Kyogre Counters
Pokebattler, which calculates all possible combinations of Pokémon and moves, lists the top ten Primal Kyogre counters as such:
- Mega Sceptile: Bullet Seed, Frenzy Plant
- Kartana: Razor Leaf, Leaf Blade
- Xurkitree: Spark, Discharge
- Zarude: Vine Whip, Power Whip
- Zekrom: Charge Beam, Fusion Bolt
- Mega Venusaur: Vine Whip, Frenzy Plant
- Shadow Raikou: Thunder Shock, Wild Charge
- Shadow Magnezone: Spark, Wild Charge
- Shadow Electivire: Thunder Shock, Wild Charge
- Shadow Tangrowth: Vine Whip, Power Whip
It is recommended to power up your counters as much as possible, but creating that amount of strong Shadow Pokémon with their moves unlocked is a tall order for even the most practiced players. Here are ten additional non-Shadow and non-Mega counters that can help take down Primal Kyogre with efficiency.
- Raikou: Thunder Shock, Wild Charge
- Sky Forme Shaymin: Grass-type Hidden Power, Grass Knot
- Tapu Bulu: Bullet Seed, Grass Seed
- Roserade: Razor Leaf, Grass Knot
- Magnezone: Spark, Wild Charge
- Chesnaught: Vine Whip, Frenzy Plant
- Therian Forme Thundurus: Volt Switch, Thunderbolt
- Tangrowth: Vine Whip, Power Whip
- Electivire: Thunder Shock, Wild Charge
- Venusaur: Vine Whip, Frenzy Plant
How Many Trainers Are Needed?
Primal Kyogre can be defeated by five trainers minimum as Primal Raids are significantly harder than Tier Five raids. If you cannot guarantee the top counters with maxed-out CP and the best moves, your best bet is to make sure you have six, seven, or more players.
Using the Circle Lock Technique to guarantee Great or Excellent throws, along with Golden Razz Berries, is the best way to catch Pokémon. If you get a Shiny, though, it is a guaranteed catch so be sure to use a Pinap Berry.
Shiny Odds & 100% IVs
The Shiny rate for Mythical and Legendary Pokémon is approximately one in 20.
When looking for a Pokémon with the best stats, the 100% IV Kyogre will have a CP of 2351 in normal weather conditions and 2939 in boosted conditions.
Happy raiding, fellow trainers!
Stay up-to-date and support the site by following Bleeding Cool on Google News today!