"PUBG Mobile Lite" Launched On Android This Week
Tencent Games and PUBG Corp. have officially launched PUBG Mobile Lite this week, offering a much more optimized version of the game. The app launched in the Google Play Store in Southeast Asia, South Asia, North Africa, and South America, with Europe, North America, and Central America coming soon. The short version is that this was created to run on phones without a ton of graphic capabilities or memory. It only has an instillation pack of 490 MB and built for devices having less than 2 GB RAM. You can read the details of the game below as we wait to see when it will appear in the rest of the west. No word yet on an iOS release date either.
Key features on PUBG Mobile Lite:
- Enhanced Aim Assist: An all-new auxiliary aim assist makes aiming simpler while playing in weak network environments. The intensity differs between the crawling and standing positions, simplifying the control while preserving the unique PUBG Mobile experience;
- Upgrade to Winner Pass: The Winner Pass replaces the Royale Pass and will have much faster achievement unlocks and span a month, with fantastic rewards on offer;
- Bullet Trail Adjustment: PUBG Mobile Litewill feature increased bullet speed and no bullet drop effect, for a clearer shot which is specially made to account for weak network environments;
- Weapon Recoil Suppression: The adherence mechanism also suppresses the weapon recoil to a certain amount, which facilitates game-control and makes for a better experience in weak networks. Different guns have different gun pressure effects, highlighting the different experience of each weapon;
- Extended Time to Kill: The update will also appropriately increase the 'Time to Kill' which would enhance players survivability during firefights and encouraging aggressive play;
- Location Display: The map will expose a shooter within the mini-map's range, providing simplified battle info extraction and increased battle speed;
- Heal while Moving: Players will now be able to heal themselves in all stances, except when they are prone. This is particularly useful in high latency conditions where movement actions might inhibit the healing mechanic in game. This will help speed up the game pace and increase survivability;
- Building Areas/Supplies optimization: Building density and loot frequency has been increased to expedite the looting process and enhance the battle progression;
- Map Quality Optimization: The game will also feature optimized map quality and the parachute loading screen;
- RPG and New Firearm integration: With PUBG Mobile Lite, players will now get to experience a new weapon in select game modes only, allowing a chance to form new attack and defense tactics.