Starting yesterday, you got one month to get online and snag one of the more elusive Pokémon in the entire game. Pokémon Sun & Moon players now have a chance to snag the guardian deity of Melemele island, the Shiny Tapu Koko. But there's a little hitch in how you're able to obtain the rare creature.
First and foremost, you have to be able to connect to the Nintendo Network, there is no other way of doing this offline. Most players already know the routine, but if not, here's Nintendo's guide below to snatching up this new Pokémon. There are no special versions of it, they all start the same at Level 60 with an Electric Surge ability. It will be holding an Electric Seed to increase defense, and come with the skills Nature's Madness, Discharge, Agility, and Electro Ball. If you don't pick it up by August 14, this creature will disappear forever and not be able to be caught again.
- Select Mystery Gift on the main menu.
- Select Receive Gift.
- Select Get via Internet, and then Yes to connect to the Internet.
- Watch as you receive Tapu Koko.
- Speak to the delivery person in any Pokémon Center to pick up Tapu Koko.
- Be sure to save your game!