Torn Banner Studios has released another new trailer today focusing on one of the classes available in the upcoming Mirage: Arcane Warfare. This particular video spotlights the Tinker class.
According to the press release that was put out with the video, the Tinker is "a street-smart rascal with a wit as sharp as her sabre, uses her diminutive size, speed and cunning to control the battlefield with trap spells while keeping opponents constantly on their toes – or off them!" So, a trickster rogue with traps, basically.
Definitely a fun one, this character will be combining magic and close-quarters melee. Some of the class's key abilities include:
- Hook Shot – Shoot a hook that pulls an enemy towards you
- Stasis – Fire a projectile that lifts an enemy up in the air, taking them out of the fight briefly
- Proximity Mine – Place a mine that explodes when enemies come close
- Obelisk – Call forth an obelisk as a defensive structure, then explode it on command
- Dervish – Perform a quick evasive jump followed by a stab with a powerful lunge
- Kickflip – A quick kick that creates a large distance between you and your target
Watching the Tinker in action is a bit trippy with all the flipping and running, but that's what happens when you DPS too hard. The video is below and showcases all of the key abilities detailed above.