So now that the dust has settled on Group C, Squiggly Monster aka Bob Saget has some time in FOX's The Masked Singer Season 4 green room to enjoy more of America's funniest home videos with Lips aka Wendy Williams joining Baby Alien aka Mark Sanchez, Giraffe aka Brian Austin Green, Dragon aka Busta Rhymes, and Gremlin aka Mickey Rourke. Meanwhile, this week finds the Group finals kicking off with "The Group A Finals – The Masked Frontier" as host Nick Cannon, panelists Jenny McCarthy, Ken Jeong, Nicole Scherzinger, and Robin Thicke, and guest panelist Niecy Nash welcome Snow Owls, Popcorn, and Sun back to the stage.
So with all of that in mind, here's a look at some preview images for this week's round of competition, with the bottom two singers facing off in a "singing smackdown" for the ages. Following that, The Masked Singer previews the Group finals rounds- and let's just say that these masks came to win:
The Masked Singer season 4, episode 7 "The Group A Finals – The Masked Frontier": The final three singers from "Group A" take the stage for their final chance at the Super Six. The bottom two singers will face one another in a Smackdown and only two will advance to the Super Six. Play alongside host Nick Cannon and panelists Ken Jeong, Jenny McCarthy, Nicole Scherzinger, and Robin Thicke, while this masked bunch of celebrity singers wearing all-new custom-made costumes perform, and America tries to guess who they are.
An Updated Look at "The Masked Singer" Season 4 Competitors
To make your lives a little easier and get your Masked Singer scorecard up-to-date, here's a look at your Season 4 competitors along with the clues revealed during the preview special as well as what we're learning throughout the season (followed by a few more reminders of the clues that were revealed prior to the series' start):
Popcorn: "When you watch my onscreen performance it will be in 3D: dynamic, delightful, and diva-licious. Mirror mirror on the wall, what makes me the biggest miracle of all?"
- First Clue Package: Homage to Sex and the City called "Snacks and the City"
- Possible Tiger King reference: "Hey all you cool corns and cornettes" — reference to Tiger King?
- Janet Jackson? "I'm Ms. Popcorn, if you're tasty"
- Strong New York accent, but real?
- Built a career "around love," but doesn't mean she's "soft"
- First Clue Package Images: a green snake, a partially eaten red apple, meatloaf, Vogue and Better Homes and Gardens magazines, tigers, a silver starfish, and gold hoops on a goldfish
- References "jet-setting to exotic places with royalty"
- A bus drives by with an ad for her Broadway show on it
- "You may think I'm a little cheesy, but I worked for what I got"
- Stage: "What Abous Us" by Pink
- Costume: "Well, Nick, just like popcorn I can be quite buttery at times, very salty, but also very sweet."
Broccoli: "I'm a Broco-lean, mean, heart-pumping machine. After all, it's how I got my six-pack."
Jellyfish: "I assure you that while I may be cold-blooded, I have a warm and glowing flow with H20."
Serpent: "If you want to know how I instantly appeared, here's the prescription number to my identity"
- Song: "I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)" by The Proclaimers
- Strength: "Flexible"
- Weakness: "High fives"
- Voice-over: "Sup, friends? It took a chain of miraculous events to get here. Starting with when I was young. Mischievous and devious, a trouble-making sneakling. I was slithering furiously toward a path of destruction. But my pops saved me by sending me a one-way ticket away from the wrong crowd and toward a path of success. Lighting a fire inside me to aspire to new heights. I didn't want to cause pain but heal pain. And I hope to raise everyone's spirits tonight."
Sun: "This sun knows how to shine like a torch even during the freezing winter."
- Items of Interest: badge with "fun director gold member" on it is shown, a chihuahua, asteroids and planets, a tennis racket, a jaguar, and a Mickey Mouse head
- TMS guards are seen poolside sporting floaties, near a pool with a "shallow" end as well as markers for "2 ft." and "7 ft."
- Having burned out and spent some time in a "deep depression," Sun had some interesting quotes: "I've had some extreme seasons in life." / "When I sprung into existence, I felt like the center of the universe… at first, stardom was great, but it was a ton of pressure." / "I was frozen, but within the darkness of a quiet place, I transformed into a ray of light."
- Stage: "Cuz I Love You" by Lizzo
- Costume: "Well, when I put this mask on I felt like it was a reflection of who I am personally, and I like it."
Whatchamacallit: "Some might say my career had a magical start."
- Song: "I Wish," by Skee-Lo
- Strength: "Eyes on the Prize"
- Weakness: "Tangles"
- Voice-over: "I'm magical, mythical, jazzy, snazzy and full of pizazzy. You see, people think I'm a shy guy. Especially because I let others absorb my spotlight. As a bright hairball, I can shine alone, as this world is wide open. I can dance with the stars, surf candy bars, buzz with the bees and swing from the keys. It's time to turn the tables on the world. Because I don't want to be hair today, gone tomorrow."
Crocodile: "A special set of keys reversed my game forever. Tic-tac-whoa."
- Song: "It's My Life," by Bon Jovi
- Strength: "Tough skin"
- Weakness: "Quick to snap"
- Voice-over: "Welcome to lover's lagoon, where soon I'll croon and make you swoon. Becoming the crocodile was a natural selection, because I'm the happiest in water. And ever since I was a kid, growing up in Hollywood surrounded by heartache and instability, I was forced to develop a thick skin. But crocodiles get a bad rap for being cold-blooded, when actually inside I'm a warm, sensitive creature who just wants to be loved back. And I can't wait to share my hidden talent as I make a wicked big splash."
Mushroom: "If you want to know who's behind my mask, you'll need to figure out who's under my hats."
Snow Owls: "You can try and figure out who we are, but as for who is more talented, it's a tie."
- The Snow Owls story: while working in Hollywood, the male owl was driving the female owl home while singing "Let Is Snow" to "egg her on."
- Images: During their clue package "Jam-a-lot," we see a street sign at the corner of Magnolia and Quarrel Canyon (aka Laurel Canyon), a castle in a forest, a pearl in a shell, and Christmas lights on a birdhouse.
- Interesting quotes: "So you haven't seen us together in a while, but now it's time for a family reunion" / "Working with him, he's a prankster — a real wise guy": female owl / "Anything for a laugh": male owl while pulling a red rose from pocket / "I just wanted to make Christmas extra magical": male owl / "I knew it would happen for me one day because I love wings": male owl when asked about being on stage in an egg.
Stage: "Say Something" by A Great Big World
Seahorse: "Living in the ocean can be dangerous, so it's always good to find a quiet place to hide."
- Song: "Only Girl (In the World)," by Rihanna
- Strength: "Making a splash"
- Weakness: "Dangerous undercurrents"
- Voice-over: "Howdy partners, y'all ain't from these parts, are ya. You know, all my life I felt trapped by my insecurities and shyness, too scared to release the fire burning inside. And you may call me melodramatic but at times I felt lost in this world. Like I was always swimming upstream. But here, I get the chance to stop playing tug of war with myself and finally expose the dauntless diva from within. Underneath this camouflaged armor I'm harnessing the power of the seahorse to show shiny new sides of myself. Leaving all of my prior fears behind on this path to glory."
Here's a look back at the preview video showcasing our contestants this season, a group that has sold more than 281 million records worldwide combined, appeared in more than 5,475 episodes of television and 151 films, appeared in five NFL Super Bowls, have four stars on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, and one made the Time 100 Most Influential list. Following that, an earlier-released teaser that contained a ton of clues to get viewers' "dumpster fires of speculation" blazing. A queen bee? Mushrooms on what looks like a salad? A UFO? A diamond in a baseball catcher's glove? Old John Lennon-like glasses? Two old hotel room keys, one with a "34" on it? A bowtie? There are so many that we missed, but you can catch them all (non-Pokemon-style) in the teaser below.