Welcome to the Top Ten Bleeding Cool Bestseller List, as compiled by several comic stores from their sales on Wednesday and Thursday. It measures what is known as the "Wednesday Warriors", those who can't wait till the weekend to get this week's comics. Though thanks to DC, Tuesday Titans too. If any other retailers would like to report their top sellers, please contact email@example.com.
Top Ten Bleeding Cool Bestseller List of the week
The bloody brutal battle of Amazing Spider-Man #54 between Kindred and Spider-Man – to the death and back – saw this title pip The Last Stories Of The DC Universe to the top of the Bestseller List. Neither X-Men nor Batman launch title made it to the top. This unusual state demonstrates just how popular Last Rites and Death Metal are doing right now – and Detective Comics is getting a boost courtesy of Detective Nakano.
- Amazing Spider-Man #54
- Death Metal Last Stories DC Universe #1
- Sword #1
- Detective Comics #1,032
- Batman Black & White #1
- Crossover #2
- Marauders #16
- Avengers #39
- Venom #31
- Tales from the Dark Multiverse Flashpoint #1
Thanks to the following retailers
- Ssalefish Comics, Winston-Salem, Greensboro, Concord, North Carolina
- Collector's Paradise North Hollywood, California
- Fat Jack's Comicrypt, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Rodman Comics, Ankeny, Iowa
- Graham Crackers Comics – 12 eclectic shops in CA/WI/IL
- Dr No's Comics & Games Superstore, San Francisco, California
If you would like to contribute to the Bestseller List retailer charts, let me know at firstname.lastname@example.org. Retailers come and go, and we always appreciate new blood, especially from retailers in other locations.
Bestseller List quotes…
- Dr No's: The big news this week was the outstanding performance of two indy titles, Crossover #2 (which took first place in our sales chart) and the second printing of TMNT: The Last Ronin #1 (which took second place). This is the first time in-store history that a second printing outsold every Marvel and DC title for the week! DC only managed to place three books in our top ten: Last Stories of the DC Universe (3rd), Dark Multiverse: Flashpoint (6), and Detective (8). That left five slots for Marvel. DC's high-profile Batman: Black & White didn't even place in our store, and there is little to no interest in any of the Endless Winter instalments.
- Ssalefish Comics: A decent week from Marvel and a relatively light week from DC made for slightly slower traffic as we come upon that end-of-year comic-slowdown. Batman Black & White won the week, followed by Amazing Spider-Man and the new Death Metal tie-in. Abram's Spider-Man finally wrapped up, only managing to slide in at #8 in our weekly top ten. I'm sure it would've performed a lot better if it had ever come out promptly, to begin with — Honestly, I think a lot of folks thought it was cancelled altogether.
- Rodman Comics: Slow week. The virus is stopping people from coming.
- Graham Crackers Comics: Glad to see CROSSOVER making the TOP 10 chart, even if just barely. Lots of competition this week with some heavy hitters from both MARVEL & DC. Speculation heat got people buying DCS VERY MERRY MULTIVERSE #1 – but at $9.99 a copy, we still didn't sell enough copies to make the TOP 10 chart. So while it GROSSED in the top 10 – quantities just weren't there.
Bestseller List notable sales:
- INCREDIBLE HULK #181 CGC 9.0 $6,9000 1st full WOLVERINE 'natch
Bestseller List Bestseller List Bestseller List