The world seems like a terrible and strange place sometimes, but at Bleeding Cool you can still read all about comics, TV shows, games, movies. anf now, stage shows. We have also been covering multiple accusations by many people in and around comic books of sexual harassment, grooming and worse. Bleeding Cool EIC Kaitlyn Booth has held the firm line that we don't repeat accusations on Bleeding Cool without the agreement of those making the claims. Sometimes that means we run stories that others do not, sometimes we don't run stories that others do, sometimes we run stories later. The Daily Lying In The Gutters, remains a long-running run around the day before and the day ahead. Including DC Comics characters masking up for TV. You can sign up to receive it as an e-mail here.
DC Comics Mask Up
It was all about DC Comics characters masking up yesterday with a touch of Funko and Transfomers/Back To The Future crossovers.
- The Flash, Supergirl, Black Lightning, Stargirl, and Arrow Go Pro-Mask
- Square Enix Brings Back Their Marvel Universe Variant Figures
- Funko Unveils the Shared Retailer List for All SDCC 2020 Reveals
- Why Empyre Is Spelled With a Y – And Four Other Major Spoilers
- The New NECA Rhino Alien Figure is Terrifyingly Awesome
- Warrior Nun: Dora is the Lesbian Grunge 90s Buffy We Always Wanted
- Lucifer's Tom Ellis and Other Future Stars Who Guested on Doctor Who
- The Umbrella Academy Season 2: Meet Lila; Five's Super-Caffeinated
- Diablo II Gets a New Devilish Bust from Blizzard Entertainment
- Booker T Wants a Tessa Blanchard, Charlotte Flair, Brooke Hogan 3-Way
What were people reading, one year ago.
A year ago, the Punisher spoke out about police using his logo, in quite a forthright fashion.
- The Punisher Has Words For Police Who Use His Skull Logo (#13 Spoilers)
- Doom Slayer Figure Fully Revealed by McFarlane Toys
- "The Nevers": Joss Whedon Signals Start on Upcoming HBO Sci-Fi Drama
- Could Immortal Hulk #20 and The Green Lantern #9 Suggest a DC/Marvel Comics Crossover
- They Did What to Juggernaut? They Did What to Emma Frost? They Did What to Humanity? Uncanny X-Men #21 Spoilers
Comic Book Events happening today.
There would also have been signings, appearances, symposia, all manner of comic book-related events. But a few have gone online, and here are some still happening today, on the Daily LITG.
- Afropolitan Comics Workshop: Personal Storytelling, Live Video by French Institute of South Africa – IFAS Culture and National Arts Festival Makhanda, 1:30 PM – 3:30 PM UTC+02
Comic Book birthdays today.
There may not be much of a party atmosphere right now. All depends on which state you are living in. But comic folk are still getting older and still celebrating that special date. With eleven years for us as well.
- Gary Spencer Millidge, creator of Strangehaven
- Ian Edginton, writer on X-Force, Scarlet Traces, H. G. Wells' The War of the Worlds and Leviathan.
- Davey Candlish, publisher of Paragon.
- Steven Sanders artist on Throwaways, SWORD, Wolverine, Infinity: The Hunt.
- Joe Khachadourian, writer and executive editor at MightyVille
- James Lawrence, writer/artist on The Waste.
- Steve Biasi, comic book inker.
- Geraldo Borges, artist on Angel, Adventure Comics, Nova, Philosopher Rex, Nightwing, Wonder Woman.
- Danny Djeljosevic, writer of Ghost Engine, Panic Kids Final Derby, and Kids Rule.
Subscribe to our LitG Daily Mailing List.
Interested in more discussion about DC Comics masking up, Hamilton, or what this all means? Subscribe to our LitG Daily Mailing List. And we'll see you here tomorrow.