Key Collector Comics, the app that puts a database of over 7,000 key issues at your fingertips, has added Dark Horse Comics as a dedicated mode. The app allows comic book collectors to track the issues that feature "1st appearances, origins, iconic covers, and other valuable milestone moments" to help you build your collection while flipping through those back issues. The app was created by Nick Coglianese, who was frustrated by the lack of such a resource and decided to build it himself.
A press release elaborates on the Dark Horse partnership:
New and loyal fans of Dark Horse Comics can now tour the publisher's seminal issues on the free Key Collector Comics mobile app. Dark Horse Comics was founded by Mike Richardson in 1986 and has since published a number of industry influencing titles, including "Hellboy," "Sin City" and "300." More than 100 cover images populate the featured gallery on Key Collector Comics, making it easier than ever to identify and collect the issues that contributed to propelling Dark Horse to become the third largest publisher in the comic book industry. Fans can scroll through a library of comics from first appearances to rare variants, origins, classic story arcs and more with highlights that include:
- "Dark Horse Presents" #1 – The very first issue published by Dark Horse Comics featuring the first appearance of Concrete and Black Cross
- "San Diego Comic-Con Comics" #2 – First full appearance of Hellboy
- "The Dirty Pair" #1 – Variant cover art by Adam Hughes
- "Dark Horse Presents: 5th Anniversary Special" – First Sin City story, created by Frank Miller
- "Star Wars: Tag & Bink Are Dead" #1 – Scarce 1st appearance of fan favorite characters Tag & Bink
The Key Collector Comics mobile app will feature a dedicated Dark Horse button on its homepage for a limited time that will provide users access to the publisher's books with a single tap.
Dark Horse will promote the app on their social media account, joining Valiant and Coffin Comics. You can download the Key Collector Comics app for free on Android or iOS, or check it out on the website.