"Age Of Wonders: Planetfall" Is Getting A "Revelations" Expansion
Paradox Interactive and Triumph Studios announced today during PDXCON that Age Of Wonders: Planetfall would be getting its first-ever expansion. The expansion is called Revelations, which will bring about the return of the entombed Es'Teq dynasty, whose Heritor descendents aim to use ancient technology and reincarnate billions of followers across the galaxy, establishing a divine rule. You can read more about the new expansion below along with the awesome Age Of Wonders: Planetfall trailer they showed off today.
- Anomalous Sites Mechanic – Explore 30+ mysterious sites filled with traps and powerful enemies to reap unique rewards and uncover great secrets. Encounter unique choices based on each faction or Secret Technology.
- Additional Campaign Missions – Experience the awakening of the Es'teq dynasty and the rise of their Heritor descendants with 10+ hours of new content across two campaigns.
- New Secret Tech: Heritor – Use ancient Heritor technology to drain the essence of enemies, fueling the opportunity to use powerful abilities, create strong Entropy weapons, and summon new units.
- Tomb World Scenario – Challenge yourself to complete this deadly new Scenario, where Heritor enemies create an onslaught of destruction. This scenario also includes a new multiplayer questline to allow more players to join in on the action.
- 'The Forgotten' NPC Faction – Broken, insane, or otherwise unfit for Heritor's utopian society, The Forgotten were never meant to be resurrected.
- Threats to Your Empire – Reapers are robotic assassins created long ago to destroy those who were friendly to the Heritor cause, but now hunt all who walk the planet. Equally deadly are the Megasow and Piglets, bio-engineered wildlife gone rabid after the fall of the Star Union, which will devour anything in sight.
- Locations, Pick-Ups, & Mechanics – Visit an Essence Gash or Es'Teq Well locations to supply new combat effects or abilities to your units. The Holopad pickup provides diplomatic rewards and additional influence over allies and enemies. Take over Imperial Defenses like the new Soul Beacon, Cluster Mine Launcher, or Firestorm Missile Silo to aid in combat.
- Free Content – All players will gain the ability to take over the new Imperial Defenses, unlocking Operations that boost the combat effect of your colonies. In addition, the Orbital Relays mechanic boosts your empire's infrastructure to allow for nearly instant unit transportation between sectors – but beware of sabotage interference by enemies!