Paradox Interactive and Colossal Order released Cities: Skylines for Windows, MacOS and Linux four years ago on March 10th. Since the game's last birthday, the city-builer has sold over a million more copies – which brings it up to more than six million copies sold to-date.
In celebration of the anniversary and milestone, Paradox released some interesting and hilarious game statistics:
- Total playtime: 16,938,045 days
- Total population: 2,185,317,000,000 (Holy reproduction, mayors – that's over two trillion people! Earth, on the other hand, has a measly eight billion at best.)
- Cities built: 39,733,045
- Unpopular mayors: 1,911,067
- Paradox Plazas built: 7,007,128
- Most popular building: Wind turbine
- Mods created by the community: 175,970
"When we first launched Cities: Skylines, we knew it was special, but we never dreamed how far players would take it," said Sandra Neudinger, Cities: Skylines Product Manager at Paradox Interactive. "The community is the heart and soul of the game – we're just here to give them the tools they want and need to make it their own," added Mariina Hallikainen, CEO of Colossal Order.
To celebrate the fourth anniversary, the Cities: Skylines community team has special events planned all weekend. If you ever wanted to have your own Chirper in the game, now is your chance. Share your best Chirper design on the Cities: Skylines social channels for a chance to see it in-game. After entry submissions end on Monday, Colossal Order will add the best Chirpy design into Cities: Skylines for everyone to enjoy. Also, keep an eye out for free radio DLC giveaways from some top Cities creators.