One of the quickly glossed-over announcements coming out Sony's PlayStation E3 Showcase was the story reveal of Destiny 2's Forsaken DLC. The expansion will launch on September 4th. Pre-orders for it are live and will give you Cayde-6's Exotic Stash content.
The official story description for Forsaken reads:
The Reef has fallen to lawlessness, and now the most-wanted criminals in the galaxy – the Barons & Uldren Sov – have organized a jailbreak at the Prison of Elders. You and Cayde-6 have been sent in to bring law and order back to the embattled facility, but things do not go to plan. Facing insurmountable odds, Cayde-6 ends up paying the ultimate price. Beyond the Vanguard's authority, you'll venture into the Reef alone and take justice into your own hands. Explore new regions, awaken new powers, earn a wealth of new weapons, and uncover lost Awoken secrets. The hunt is on.
The Forsaken features:
- Hunt Down the 8 Barons and their Crew
- Two New Destinations: The Tangled Shore and The Dreaming City
- A Brand-New Raid • Introducing Gambit, a 4v4 Competitive PvE Mode
- Wield New Powers with Nine Additional Supers
- Collect New Exotic Weapons, Armor, and Gear
- All-New Weapon Archetype, Legendary Bow
- New Story Missions, Adventures, Destination Activities, and more
You can check out the Destiny 2: Forsaken story reveal below. The expansion content is fully playable at E3 starting tomorrow.
Take justice into your own hands as you venture into a new frontier filled with enemies, allies, and untold mysteries and treasures waiting to be uncovered. The hunt is on.