Thunderful Publishing, in conjunction with the Maschinen-Mensch indie game development studio, have announced the upcoming launch of Curious Expedition 2, the sequel to Curious Expedition. It will launch on Steam Early Access on June 17th of this year for a price point of $16.99, and will remain on Early Access until later this Fall.
In Curious Expedition 2, players "join the legendary Explorer Clubs and venture on unprecedented voyages to regions never before explored for fame, science and treasure!" This indie game has been in development for a while, with closed alpha having been conducted over the past six months. Now, anyone in Early Access on Steam is encouraged to give feedback on the game's official Discord page.
You can watch the Steam Early Access announcement video, complete with trailer, here, by clicking on the YouTube video link below:
Curious Expedition 2 has a boatload of key features to emphasize:
- Explore procedurally generated worlds in a variety of biomes, each featuring a new combination of dangers and opportunities.
- Manage your resources to keep your trek alive and sanity high. Balance greed against your survival needs to find glory without perishing.
- Procedural storytelling makes every adventure unique. Your characters form relationships, change loyalty, acquire mental illnesses, and more in response to the environment and your decisions.
- Embark on an epic campaign that combines procedural gameplay with handcrafted story to create a narrative experience that can be played again and again.
- All-new combat mechanics will require all your cleverness to survive fierce wild animals and legendary creatures.
- Join online challenges and pledge yourself to an Explorer Club to compete for unique rewards.
- Outfit your party members with equippable gear to create builds that can take on any challenge.
- Set off on all-new expedition types, each with their own unique goal and events. Will you seek out the legendary Golden Pyramid or choose to recover the Rainbow Orchid instead?
- Explore and discover mysterious locations. Plunder ancient shrines, haggle with strange mole people, loot ghostly pirate ships, and more…
- 4K-native graphics featuring a classic comic-inspired art style.
- Veteran CE1 players will discover tons of new content: new items, character types, enemies, biomes, tribes, events, and more!
What do you think of the Curious Expedition series? Does it play well, and is it fun? Let us know what you think in the comments below!