Tickets for Europe's massive video game convention gamescom are now on sale for the 2019 show which will run from August 20th, 2019 to August 24th and will again be held in Cologne, Germany.
There are a few new types of tickets this year, including discounted evening tickets which will only cost you € 7 EUR, as well as exclusive pre-entry tickets for Wednesday and Thursday, plus some reserved tickets for families and school classes. The evening tickets will grant holders access to the convention fair grounds after 5:00 pm CEST. The afternoon tickets offered in previous years will not be available.
Early bird contingents for all ticket cagetories are being offered once more, so you will want to be fast about your puchase.
You can pick up your gamescom 2019 tickets at the Ticket Shop here. Descriptions for all the offered ticket categories are below, so you can figure out which ticket type best suits your gamescom needs.
- Day tickets for private visitors
- The following generally applies: day tickets for private visitors are only available at the online Ticket Shop of gamescom as long as supplies last. Therefore, we recommend that those who wish to definitively test out the latest games for the first time and experience further highlights of gamescom live on location should purchase their ticket soon: for many years in a row now, gamescom day tickets have already been sold out in advance sale". Those who want to save when purchasing a ticket should secure an admission ticket from the limited early bird ticket contingent as quickly as possible. Once the contingents of this ticket category for a day have sold out, the advance sale prices automatically apply. The following applies for all private visitor tickets: a maximum of five tickets per person can be purchased.
- Discounted evening tickets for admission after 5:00 p.m.
- A discounted evening ticket (7 EUR) can be acquired for the first time this year for the public days. Holders of an evening ticket have access to the entertainment area as of 5:00 p.m. The evening ticket replaces the previous afternoon ticket, among other categories. The reason for the change to this ticket category is the equalisation and better distribution of visitor concentration during the gamescom rush hour. Because experience has shown that many holders of day tickets leave the grounds in the early afternoon or finish their gamescom day after many visits to play stations in one of the event areas, the chance of quicker access to the latest games at the exhibitor stands increases in the early evening. This applies both to the games fans still found in the entertainment area, as well as to holders of an evening ticket. The evening ticket thus contributes to the quality of stay, the improvement of which is one of the goals for gamescom 2019.
- An hour head start: pre-entry tickets
- There will also be a limited contingent of pre-entry tickets for the first two public days on Wednesday (21.08.) and Thursday (22.08). Holders of this ticket category can already enter the entertainment area after 9:00 a.m., and thus one hour prior to the official opening for private visitors. The following also applies for the pre-entry tickets: they are only available as long as supplies last. In order to ensure early admission, holders of a pre-entry ticket are asked to exclusively use Entrance North or South.
- School class ticket
- The school class ticket introduced in 2018 will once again be offered for gamescom 2019. It enables school classes outside of Baden-Wuerttemberg, Bavaria and North Rhine-Westphalia to undertake an excursion to gamescom in Cologne. The ticket costs 6.50 EUR/person (pupils and accompanying persons), and is available for the public days on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday (21, 22 and 23 August). Thanks to numerous educational and media education offerings, such as the gamescom campus, the Jugendforum NRW or gamescom jobs & careers, learning content and fun can be perfectly combined. One example of this is the digital workshop of HABA. The creative educational and experience space, in which children between 6 and 12 years of age can playfully explore the digital world, will take place at gamescom for the first time. Interested schools and teachers can contact the private visitor hotline or use a special e-mail mailbox (firstname.lastname@example.org) to get further information about the necessary steps. It is possible to order school class tickets until 31 July 2019. At least ten people (incl. accompanying persons) per class must participate. A teacher may only place an order for a complete group. However, the contingent of school class tickets is also limited: they are only available as long as supplies last. Reservation is not possible.
- Trade visitor tickets for all gamescom days
- Trade visitor tickets are also available as of 6 March 2019 online at www.gamescom.global . In addition to day tickets for the days Tuesday to Saturday, 3-day tickets for trade visitors will also be offered in the online Ticket Shop of gamescom in accordance with the duration of the business area (Tuesday, 20 August to Thursday, 22 August). The following generally applies: trade visitors also have the possibility to acquire their admission ticket at reduced prices: limited early bird ticket contingents have been reserved for all trade visitor days in the online shop. The purchase of a trade visitor ticket is only possible for personal use, and is thus issued to a specific person.