The world seems like a terrible and strange place sometimes, but fandom still brings us together. Or at least gives us someone to unite against. These are strange times, but The Daily LITG is becoming a valuable way to quantify just what comic book geek culture is up to in this time of trial. Including a leaked letter from Eric Stephenson to Image Comics creators about DC Comics. Welcome all, to the daily Lying In The Gutters, a long-running run around the day before and the day ahead. You can sign up to receive it as an e-mail here.
Eric Stephenson and the ten most-read stories yesterday
It must be said that Image Comics publisher Eric Stephenson's written assault against DC Comics, leaked to Bleeding Cool yesterday and followed up everywhere must have been particularly hard for DC publisher Jim Lee, co-founder of Image Comics, to read. And was probably the true intended audience. Here's what else people were reading yesterday.
- "Hasty, Sociopathic Decisions" – Image Comics' Publisher On DC Comics
- Death Metal Gets Spinoffs in DC Comics September 2020 Solicitations
- One Hundred Marvel Comics By Black Creators, For Free
- DC Comics Has News For Comics Shops, in the USA and Abroad
- The Mandalorian and The Child Go 10" With New Funko Pop
- When Harley Quinn Had Her Killing Joke Moment in Birds Of Prey
- Dennis O'Neil, Comic Book Legend, Dies at 81
- When Rob Liefeld Predicted Collapse of DC – Daily LITG 12th June 2020
- Marvel Launches New Iron Man #1 by Christopher Cantwell and CAFU
- Batman Gets a Memorial Statue from Beast Kingdom
It was all about Rob Liefeld a year ago…
We were reminded of when Rob Liefeld was predicting the imminent fall of DC Comics and the Image Comics that never happened, if it was there at all.
- Rob Liefeld Quits Twitter Following DC Tweet Controversy
- Rob Liefeld Leaks DC Plans for Image Crossover, Disses Management Again
- Today's Major X #5 Makes Uncanny X-Men #201 Even Weirder (Major Spoilers)
- DC Launches 'Gotham City Monsters' with Frankenstein, Killer Croc, Lady Clayface, Orca, I Vampire – But No Poison Ivy
- King Thor: A New Thor #1 by Jason Aaron and Esad Ribic in September
Comic Book Events happening today
There would also have been signings, appearances, symposia, all manner of comic book-related events. But a few have gone online, and here are some still happening today, on the Daily LITG.
- COMICS QUIZ NIGHT FOR LCS STAFF hosted by Jiggy Aquino Cruz and Sandy Sansolis 8 PM UTC+08
- Comics & Community: I Am Alfonso Jones hosted by Wakanda Alliance Program, noon-.30pm EDT
Comic Book birthdays today
There may not be much of a party atmosphere right now. All depends on which state you are living in. But comic folk are still getting older and still celebrating that special date. With eleven years for us as well.
- Frank Cirocco, founder of Venture, co-creator of Alien Legion.
- Brett Breeding, inker, co-creator of Doomsday.
- Jerry Whitworth, comics archivist
Subscribe to our LitG Daily Mailing List
Interested in more debate about Rob Liefeld, DC Comics, Harley Quinn or anything else? Subscribe to our LitG Daily Mailing List. And we'll see you here tomorrow.