The world seems like a terrible and strange place sometimes, and yesterday it got worse, as a number of accounts of sexual harassment, grooming and worse were made public on social media. Bleeding Cool is looking into specific cases, but these things do take time and editorially, we are respecting the wishes of those who made claims as to whether we report them more widely or not. But it is also a reminder that these things are still happening and should be challenged. The Daily Lying In The Gutters, remains a long-running run around the day before and the day ahead and today is full of She-Hulk. You can sign up to receive it as an e-mail here.
Immortal She-Hulk and the ten most-read stories yesterday
She-Hulk stormed the reading chart yesterday, far ahead of any of her competitors. Marvel may well have an advance hit on their hands.
- Marvel Comics Announce Immortal She-Hulk, Spinning Out of Empyre
- Dan DiDio Has a New Job in the DC Universe
- Marvel Reschedule Black Widow, Shang-Chi, Doctor Doom, Juggernaut
- GI Joe Combines with TOA Heavy Industries for New 1000Toys Figures
- "Street Fighter" Cammy Gets Three New Statues from PCS Collectibles
- DC Comics Mix Up 1:100 Covers For Death Metal #1
- Marvel to Launch New Captain Britain Comic in X of Swords?
- Tom King and Trevor Von Eeden's Unpublished Black Lives Matter Comic
- What's A Hybrid Novel? I'm Not Sure Exactly… But I Created One
- Is Punchline Getting a Comic Book Of Her Very Own?
The Return of Thanos, one year ago
He does seem to stick around despite all manner of deaths, doesn't he?
- Thanos is Back in Guardians of the Galaxy #6 (Preview)
- Marvel Teases a Fantastic Four/Spider-Man Crossover
- "The Umbrella Academy" Cast Announce Season 2 Table Reads [VIDEO]
- "The Flash": Jessica Parker Kennedy Talks Possible Nora Return
- "Mortal Kombat 11" Releases Patch Notes Ahead Of DLC Update
Comic Book Events happening today
There would also have been signings, appearances, symposia, all manner of comic book-related events. But a few have gone online, and here are some still happening today, on the Daily LITG.
- New Comics Day (Non-DC Edition)
- TogetherAtHome: Kids' Comic Arts Workshop with Chris Cochrane, Visit Kingston 10am EDT
Comic Book birthdays today
There may not be much of a party atmosphere right now. All depends on which state you are living in. But comic folk are still getting older and still celebrating that special date. With eleven years for us as well.
- Robert Lee Beerbohm, comic book historian and retailer
- Patrick Olliffe, artist on Untold Tales of Spider-Man and Spider-Girl.
- Emmett Furey, comics journalist
- Hilary Barta, comics inker, writer, artist on the like of The Thing, What The? and Fear Agent.
- Richard Maurizio, artist on Tom & Jerry.
Subscribe to our LitG Daily Mailing List
Interested in more debate about She-Hulk or anything else? Subscribe to our LitG Daily Mailing List. And we'll see you here tomorrow.