These are strange times, but The Daily LITG is becoming a valuable way to quantify just what comic book geek culture is being absorbed in this time of trial. Also, to make sure that you don't miss what everyone else is reading. Right now that means comic retailer plans to fix the direct market, possible plans from Diamond to begin distribution again, Zoom backgrounds and Boris Johnson. Welcome all, to the daily Lying In The Gutters a long-running run around the day before and the day ahead. You can sign up to receive it as an e-mail here.
WWE, Boris, and the return of comics in May – the 10 Most-Read Stories Yesterday
People are loving those DC, Marvel and Batman Zoom backgrounds. However, in more substantial articles, it's all about bringing the direct market back. Bleeding Cool will be continuing to cover the impact of the current situation on the comics industry with this tag. Oh and Boris Johnson, now out of intensive care has been reading Tintin comics in bed and thanking his nurses by name. I thought that deserved commemorating.
- WWE Admits On-Air Talent Tested Positive for COVID-19
- DC Comics Offers Virtual Backgrounds for Zoom Conferencing
- Latest Rumors Suggest The Next WWE 2K Games Is Canceled
- New Comics Coming to Stores Sooner Than We Thought – Mid May?
- Street Fighter V Chun-Li Hits the Beach With PCS Collectibles
- Ubisoft Releases The "Just Dance 2020" Song List
- Mondo Releasing New A Clockwork Orange Poster Tomorrow
- Spawn Original Action Figure Kickstarter Clears $1 Million in One Day
- Comic Book Retailers Plans to Fix the Direct Market When It Returns
- Diamond Not to Distribute New Comics Until August at the Earliest?
Rise Of The Skywalker one year ago
There was a time when we didn't know what the final Star Wars movie would be called. We found out a year ago, while I was in Paris. Just as Notre Dame was about to burn down as well. Seems a lot longer ago, doesn't it?
- 'Star Wars: Episode IX' Title, Trailer Revealed During Star Wars Celebration Chicago
- Saga Will End With Issue #108; Plus: The Cover to that 1,400 Page TPB
- Kevin Feige Details Marvel Disney+ Offerings, Confirms MCU Tie-Ins
- LIVE From 'Star Wars: Episode IX' Panel At Star Wars Celebration Chicago [SWCC]
- Prodigal Sun: Another Marvel Crossover Launching in July
Comics News & Events Happening Today
There would also have been signings, appearances, symposia, all manner of comic book-related events. But a few have gone online, and here are some still happening today.
- Talking About Comics with Ty & Brandon, Austin Books & Comics, 6pm CT
- Comics Club Online hosted by D. R. Evarts Library, 3.30pm ET
- LAB Comics Live Sale, 6-7pm ET.
Comics Industry Birthdays Today
There may not be much of a party atmosphere right now. Or if there is, the police will come and shut you down. But comic folk are still getting older and still celebrating that special date.
- Ed Brisson, writer of Old Man Logan, Peter Panzerfaust, Prophet, Sheltered, Iron Fist, Uncanny X-Men, Cluster.
- Michael Georgiou, writer-artist of Elemental Micah.
- Dennis Janke, Superman inker
- Topper Helmers, artist on Airlock and Weird War Tales.
- Neil Edwards, artist on Assassin's Creed, Dark Avengers, Fantastic Four
Interested in WWE diagnosis, Zoom backgrounds, bringing back the direct comics market or anything else? Subscribe to our LitG Daily Mailing List. And we'll see you here tomorrow.