Indie developer Clover Bite premiered their newest gameplay video for Grime during The MIX's Game Dev Direct showcase earlier today. The trailer expands on what little we know of the game so far as it is narrated by the game's director, Yarden Weissbrot, who takes us on a playthrough that showcases never-before-seen footage. The content goes out of its way to further expand on the deep combat combinations within the game, as well as elements of the story that haven't been revealed yet. The game looks pretty tight as it's going for that Metroidvania feel with a hint of Dark Souls attached to it. We got more info on the game for you here as you can check out the trailer at the bottom. The game will be published by Akupara Games, but it has yet to even receive a release window.
In Grime, you embody destruction in the form of a humanoid black-hole. You hack, slash, and bash your enemies into oblivion using a wide variety of "living weapons" to consume enemy remains and strengthen your vessel. You must overcome a land filled with twisted, anatomical horrors to uncover the truth behind their world and their existence.
- Eye-Popping Surrealism – Uncover mysterious secrets in weeping caves and face-covered deserts. Meet otherworldly characters in distinct civilizations across an organic, interconnected world – all rendered in unearthly 3D. Face foes born of the world itself, and swallow them whole.
- Living Weapons – Seamlessly swap weapons made of living creatures that mutate form during combat, from clawing swords to centipede whips.
- Death-Defying Combat – Punish enemies by parrying their attacks, smash them from the ground or even airborne, and absorb them to grow your strength as you wage war on a living world.
- Unique Skill Progression – Hunt down and absorb challenging monsters to improve your skills and bring true customization to your playstyle
- Challenge Astonishing Bosses – Battle against creatures dozens of times your size. Adapt to their strategies, withstand their assault, and consume them to gain game-changing abilities that affect both combat and traversal.