Explosm, Skeleton Crew Studios, and Serenity Forge released a free demo today for Cyanide & Happiness: Freakpocalypse. The demo was released as part of the Summer edition of the Steam Game Festival, giving players a chance to experience the title. The new demo is only available for a limited time and it will give you a first look at your upcoming adventure as Coop "Go Away, Weirdo" McCarthy. According to the devs, you get to see how "Coop-y" things can get when "nobody likes you, school sucks, you can't find a prom date, everybody bullies you (including your teachers), and your attempts to make things better only make things worse." You can read more about the game below and check out a trailer for it as well.
You are a weird, unpopular, ginger-headed orphan, and it's time to save the world. You play as Coop "Go Away, Weirdo" McCarthy and all you want to do is make the world a better place. The trouble is: Nobody likes you, school sucks, you can't find a prom date, everybody bullies you (including your teachers), and your attempts to help only make things worse. Will you escape high school alive? Who will love you? Do you even deserve love? Why is this game called Freakpocalypse? Find the answers to these questions and more by looking at, talking to, and touching everything within the C&H universe.
- Just like playing in a Cyanide & Happiness animated cartoon filled with dark humor.
- Fully voiced dialogue and a large cast of crazy freaks.
- Interact with your favorite characters from the Cyanide & Happiness Universe including Ted Bear, Shark Dad, Señor Cleanfist, and more!
- An absurd amount of characters and objects to look at, touch, and talk to.
- Cinematic cutscenes and a completely original soundtrack.
- Unlockable costumes for you to find, wear, and embarrass yourself with.
- Optional sidequests for special rewards and replayability.
- Run OR walk – just like in real life!
- Achievements based on how good (or bad) you are at the game.
- Secret ways to die!
- Part 1 of an ongoing apocalyptic prom story!
- Brought to life thanks to 15,000 sexy geniuses on Kickstarter.
- Experience life as an unpopular loser.