When the indie game Forager is released this fall on both the PS4 and Nintendo Switch, fans will be getting a little more than they might expect. Developer HopFrog and publisher Humble Bundle will be bringing the 2018 game to both consoles on September 10th in Europe and September 13th in North America. But in addition to a digital release, they will be working with distributor Nighthawk Interactive for a physical retail version that will include an exclusive poster and stickers. This is one of the weirder games we saw last year that was fun to check out, and we're looking forward to seeing this version come out in the fall.
· Become an Adventurer – With four distinct old-school dungeons to raid, players can face mighty bosses solo or with the help of NPCs, and seek out puzzles and hidden treasure chests filled with blueprints and goodies. Leveling up to learn new skills and abilities and unlocking new weapon recipes will help the intrepid adventurer.
· Become a Farmer – Players can cultivate vegetables, flowers, fruit, strange herbs and even rocks and minerals with the right tactics. Animals can become part of the family, too, as players pet, feed and take care of animals to win over their animals' deepest loyalties through the Love System.
· Become a Gatherer – All sorts of resources, consumables and materials are available for players to forage, fish, mine, hunt, dig and farm across various biomes. The rarest discoveries can be turned in at the local Museum to showcase and earn special rewards.
· Become a Merchant – Forager is full of resources to exploit. Players can sell everything, buy more things, and then sell those things at a profit and manufacture an empire through trade and aggressive expansion.
· Become a Builder – All the land is the player's foundation, ripe for building and growing a base out of nothing. Players can purchase land to design and decorate whatever base fits their preference, whether that be a serene farm, industrial hub, defensive fortress, or cozy cottage.
· Become… [fill in the blank] – The world of Forager is a playground for player's choice. Anyone can set their own goals and work towards them.