Starting with the Festival of Lights event, there will be a switch up with Mega Raids in Pokémon GO. Mega Absol leaves its spot as the Mega Raid boss, replaced by the Electric-type Mega Manectric. Using this guide, you can build a team of the best counters to use against Mega Manectric in Pokémon GO, perfect your catching strategy, and perhaps even catch a Shiny Manectric. Let's get into the details.
Top Mega Manectric Counters
Pokebattler, which calculates all possible combinations of Pokémon and moves, lists the top 10 Mega Manectric counters as such:
- Garchomp (Mud Shot, Earthquake)
- Rhyperior (Mud-Slap, Earthquake)
- Therian Forme Landorus (Mud Shot, Earthquake)
- Groudon (Mud Shot, Earthquake)
- Shadow Mewtwo (Confusion, Psystrike)
- Incarnate Forme Landorus (Mud Shot, Earth Power)
- Shadow Mamoswine (Mud-Slap, Bulldoze)
- Shadow Flygon (Mud Shot, Earth Power)
- Excadrill (Mud-Slap, Drill Run)
- Rhydon (Mud-Slap, Earthquake)
It is recommended to power up your counters as much as possible, but creating that amount of strong Shadow Pokémon with their moves unlocked is a tall order for even the most practiced players. Here are ten additional non-Shadow and non-Mega counters that can help take down Mega Manectric with efficiency.
- Krookodile (Mud-Slap, Earthquake)
- Golurk (Mud-Slap, Earth Power)
- Golem (Mud-Slap, Earthquake)
- Donphan (Mud-Slap, Earthquake)
- Mewtwo (Confusion, Psystrike)
- Regigigas (Ground-type Hidden Power, Giga Impact)
- Flygon (Mud Shot, Earth Power)
- Mamoswine (Mud-Slap, Bulldoze)
- Swampert (Mud Shot, Earthquake)
- Haxorus (Dragon Tail, Earthquake)
How Many Trainers Are Needed?
Three trainers can defeat Mega Manectric. If you cannot guarantee the top counters with maxed-out CP and the best moves, your best bet is to make sure you have three players or more.
Using the Circle Lock Technique to guarantee Great or Excellent throws, along with Golden Razz Berries, is the best way to catch Pokémon. However, I recommend trying Pinap Berries for the first few throws. Manectric is an evolved form and offers extra Candies when caught, which can be multiplied with Pinap Berries.
Shiny Odds & 100% IVs
Mega-capable Pokémon have a Shiny rate of approximately one in 60.
Happy raiding, fellow trainers!