PUBG Corp released a brand new update for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds this week as players can now download the 5.2 patch. A couple of the notable changes to this update are the addition of the new Spike Trap tool, while Vikendi has gotten a number of improvements. We have those notes below, but you can read more about the update here.
New Item: Spike Trap
"We almost named it Buffy."
- Spike Traps puncture the tires of any vehicle that runs over the strip of spikes.
- A Spike Trap can only damage one vehicle before it disappears.
- Spike Traps puncture the tires of vehicles, but do not damage overall vehicle health.
- Spike Traps are spawned at rates consistent with other throwables across all maps.
- You can lay a Spike Trap by selecting it and pressing LMB. Once you've laid a Spike Trap, you cannot pick it back up.
Improved towns in Vikendi
- A few of Vikendi's towns were seldom visited due to complex structures or not enough loot. We've made some adjustments to the following areas:
- Volnova has been reshaped in general. Major buildings and driving routes have been modified.
- Item spawn counts in Peshkova have increased.
- Garages where vehicles are spawned in Trevno have been relocated to allow easier escape after looting. So get to stepping.
- Some buildings have been removed or replaced with different buildings to improve gameplay. The field of vision gained from high buildings has been adjusted, through structural changes.